Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: WordPress Theme Edits
Nov 13, 2007, 11:53 #1
WordPress Theme Edits
Is it possible to edit part of the theme and then upload them again??
I am doing a blog for a client and there are some very small issues that might be fixed with editing the theme should fix, but we don't have write access to them.
Should just uploading plugins fix the issues?
The problems are:
1. Archive Daily, not monthly (This probably is a plugin issue).
2. Remove "Just another WordPRess Weblog" and replace with something else.
3. The category hierarchy left justifies all items...There are a couple of parent categories that we would like not linked and justified with the sub categories.
Nov 13, 2007, 13:01 #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- West Springfield, Massachusetts
- 198 Post(s)
- 3 Thread(s)
1. Archive Daily: There may be a plugin available to do the Archives Daily instead of Monthly, but I'm unaware of it.
2. Default Tagline: Login, go to Options -> General, enter your new Tagline and Update Options
3. Category Hierarchy, There is a plugin (or more) that allows you to have sub-categories. The sub-categories will display indented under their parent category. I don't remember what the name is, but if you search the plugin repository you should be able to find something.Big Change Coming Soon - if you want your PMs save them now!
What you need to do to prepare for our migration to Discourse
A New SitePoint Forum Experience: Our Move to Discourse
Nov 13, 2007, 17:46 #3
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
1. Archive Daily:
<?php wp_get_archives('type=daily&limit=20'); ?>
3. WordPress supports category hierarchy natively with wp_list_categories. Alignment can changed with some css trickery. Every item gets a "cat-item-#" class so it's easy to set stuff individually.
You'll need to write a plugin to remove the links though.Aaron