SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up DevPub.com - Developer Resources

DevPub.com is a freshly released website with articles, tutorials and news of interest to webmasters.

I'm particularly interested to know what you would be looking for in a website like this, and what would make you read it often (of course, given that it's updated daily.)

In IE6 things are not going to look too good because I'm using transparent PNGs without the JS hack.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    site looks good, only thing I can say is i feel it's too busy! too much going on to really focus on where I should be going.

maybe remove

---------
    A Look at Microsoft Expression Studio
    A quick review of the five application that make up the Expression Studio suite from Microsoft, and how you can use them together to build cutting edge websites. Continue Reading
    A Good PageRank Used to Mean Something
    A look at Google's recent PageRank update to which many webmasters lost big on the PageRank scale, and what we should expect next. Continue Reading
    Latest Articles
    A Good PageRank Used to Mean Something
    A Look at Microsoft Expression Studio
    Latest Tutorials
    Creating a Glass Button
    -------------
    from being on every single page you go on because it feels like nothing is different where ever you go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in IE6 it does not look that bad, it just appears as some missing images. I will stick to Firefox for my review since it renders better.

I love the logo, you have done a great job of creating Brand Recognition. It also explains the basic purpose of the site at the very top, great job there.

The menu bar looks a bit plane, I think it would look better if you used the color from behind the "My Account". Navigation is simple and I had no problem getting around the site. There are only a few articles at the moment, so I can not say if navigation will remain as easy as your content expands.

Overall I found the layout easy to read and inviting. Good Job.

There are a lot of site with similar themes. Personally when I need a tutorial I end up googling and picking the first one on the list, so you will want to focus on SEO to get a good amount of "Random" traffic like me . As far as if I find a site like this useful, most definitely. Once you get more content I would consider bookmarking it as one of my references.

Good Job.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site.Keep up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei P. View Post
    I'm particularly interested to know what you would be looking for in a website like this, and what would make you read it often (of course, given that it's updated daily.)
    I do like the fact that you have images on what the posts are about. I like visually things and that helps me become more interested. It is a pretty busy site and visitors can get lost pretty easy....that is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All your reviews are being considered.
    My biggest challenge right now is how to encourage people to post content. A contest with prizes? Or maybe simply pay for content? What's your opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, I think the look of this website is amazing. I love the colours, and how clean it is.

I had a problem with PNG files rendering in IE6, and I found an excellent solution that you could use perhaps:

http://bjorkoy.com/past/2007/4/8/the...st_way_to_png/

Its worth a read and a test.

Anyway, overall i rate this website 8/10. As for encouragement for content? Maybe run some contests with cash prizes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quite nice on the eyes, good content will mean a success for this site. basically, if you can attract contributors (consider paying contributors for unique content) then your site will haul in the visitors

to me, design of the site is what will drive me away not keep me coming back (or staying for the visit in the first place) so your focus simply must be: quality content. the design/style is fine and dandy