Thread: ssl + include

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ssl + include

Hi,

I am after a bit of advice as I cannot test the query i have.
    I have a few pages in my site which will be hosted under ssl. how do I use the include function to bring scripts together under ssl. I try to stay away from typing in the whole url e.g. include https://www.example.com/example.php so if the url changed from time to time we would have limited modifications to do. Also you cannot use the url for includes which are below the root level which i need a solution to.

My query is situated around not receiving a "warning contains unauthenticated content" ssl error.

Regards
    p_h_p

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add - am sure if i try the homepage under ssl the error will not appear unless i include iframes, js etc from none ssl sites, but i am not sure if i need to include files within my server differently to include "file.php"; so that the ssl does not fail on the site.

I do not have ssl setup on my local box.

Regards
    p_h_p

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you shouldn't need to include files like that. You do know that you'd include only the output, right? If that's the intention, still, you're better off making them communicate on backend and not back and forth like that, especially through ssl which adds more pieces to the puzzle as you find.
    Saul

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - actually this post is pointless i am including all files in the background before passing to the browser - i wasn't really thinking properly i don't think anyway lol.

Sorry
    p_h_p