Hi
in my previous research I learnt that you cannot pass parameters when using addEventListener. I did some sort of Google search with the words passing parameters and addEventListener. And came up with people talking in various forums, not this one, that it was not possible to pass parameters to a function evoked with addEventListener. However trying to learn how to make Firefox extensions I came across the below code which seems to do it, however I do not know if this is just a Firefox a XUL or chrome thing. So please look at the code below and give me your verdict.
Code:
var linuxjournal = {
  onLoad: function() {
    // initialization code
    this.initialized = true;
    this.strings = document.getElementById("linuxjournal-strings");
  },
  onMenuItemCommand: function(e) {
    var promptService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/prompt-service;1"]
                                  .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPromptService);
    promptService.alert(window, this.strings.getString("helloMessageTitle"),
                                this.strings.getString("helloMessage"));
  },

};
window.addEventListener("load", function(e) { linuxjournal.onLoad(e); }, false);
Also if you just happen to know, is the line" onLoad: function() {" a value property pair? But pleaese do not fail answer my primary question above if you do not know the answer to the second one. So I appreciate your input.
Sincerely
Marc