SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on uploading multiple mp3 files

I currenly have a database storing information about different musicians and I would now like to add the ability to upload one or more mp3 files for each musican.

I would appreciate some advice on how best to do this with regards creating the form. Is it best to just have a form allowing the user to select one mp3 file at a time or to have a form with say 10 form fields allowing a maximum of 10 uploads at a time? So if they only want to upload one mp3 file, they leave 9 of the form fields blank?

I guess this question could apply to any file format being uploaded so hopefully someone can suggest a good way of dealing with this.

Many thanks

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just write a quick javascript to add another form field for uploading when they click a link.

For instance, list one upload field and below that field, have a link that says "Upload Another File" that will pop in another file upload field using javascript. I think that's probably the most elegant way to do it.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about accessiblity and usability, you should probably make make those 10 and auto-hide them. Then reveal one by one as Czaries said. This way if JS is disabled your users will still be able to upload multiple files.
    Saul

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I do not know javascript but I will have a look into it as perhaps it is not too difficult to grasp