SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member freetrafficvault's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using Kontera for a while, but after installing Kontera, the load time for all my pages increased.
    Free Website Traffic - FreeTrafficVault

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    The Google script is 15k, the Kontera script is 18k. If you consider that the ideal total size for a web size is around 40k, if you have both then you don't have much space left for your page content. If your page ends up bigger than that then you start losing visitors who move on before the page finishes loading and so have fewer people to click on the ads.
    lol. Is that really an issue these days? I mean, in 1999 I remember worrying about these sort of problems, but in this of age where most people have highspeed connections, I doubt its as great an issue.

Unless the programs are underpaying .. then of course, you might as well side on viewer comfort and get rid of the needless scripting.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kontera can never pay as much as Google for simple reason that it doesn't have enough advertisers. Of course there will be exceptions, say for a video site or for celeb wallpapers website.

IMO, Adsense is more evolved as compared to Kontera. Kontera is Like, we will pay you 6 cent for every click, irrespective of what your site is about. They do track the country of clicks though.

In short, use Kontera if you really dont' care about user experience and returning visitors.