Results 1 to 3 of 3
Nov 7, 2007, 16:14 #1
Need a ratings/review script...but
I need a ratings and reviews script for a current site I'm working on...sounds simple, BUT...it needs to be XHTML compliant and accessible. *sigh*
I've spend the afternoon and evening wandering my way through Google and del.icio.us links, and have found some lovely ones, but none of them meet all the required criteria (i.e. both XHTML and accessible). As you can see from my list of del.icio.us links, I've found some great ones that look quite promising and bookmarked any that look might they may be useful at some point (I really like the JS-Kit one, but with js off, you get nothing at all), but none of them are quite there yet.
A bit more about what I'm looking for:
- I'm wanting to use it for site visitors to be able to rate and review books, so ideally it would be nice if it had a title field for the review where visitors could put the book title and name of author), but that's not essential - just a bog standard rating and review would do
- this one's a freebie as a favour for a friend, so cheap or free is good
- I'm on a Unix server so I prefer PHP, and I have MySQL 4 and PHP 4 (either DB back-end or flat file's fine though)
- need to be able to run it as an include on a pre-existing page
- needs to be XHTML compliant and accessible (or reasonably accessible, e.g. will still submit/display with js off)
After wandering the web most of today, I'm beginning to think such a thing doesn't exist (or am I just going to have to find someone to do me a custom one? - I know the basics of MySQL and PHP, but not enough to put something like this together), but if anyone has any suggestions of something that might be suitable, all suggestions greatly accepted.
(feel free to move me along if I'm in the wrong place )
Last edited by Fallen Angel; Nov 7, 2007 at 16:18. Reason: missed a bit out
Nov 8, 2007, 16:04 #2
- Join Date
- May 2007
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Have you had a chance to check out the Rapleaf API?
It's free and REST based -- allows users to rate in a P2P system. Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for unless you are doing peer to peer ratings, but it may work.Rapleaf: Person Data and Address Book Importer API
Free & REST based. http://www.rapleaf.com/developer
Nov 8, 2007, 16:31 #3
Funny you should mention that - I did come across it today. It's not really what I'm looking for at the moment, but I've bookmarked it for future reference.
Spent the day searching, and though it's not ideal - there are some accessibility problems with it - I did find Bookworm this afternoon. It's got some nice features, and it's XHTML Transitional (though a couple of pages had a few little errors). It's not really what I was looking for in terms of it slotting into a pre-existing page, but I've tweaked the nav so there's a link back to the main site, and spent the evening altering the CSS to fit in with the site's colour scheme. I think that's about as good as it's gonna get.