Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their policy is 14 days.
    You want more than 12x that.
    So you think a week would be long enough to wait for a reply.
    But what if they took 12x that so they reply in say 12 weeks time, you think that's not reasonable, obviously!
    It's more about the way your treating them, than the way they treated you, sorry.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I'm simply saying here is that I had site development delays and no work was done so I didn't find out that I wouldn't be able to use the software until the development got started again, which happened to be several months later. I did not expect there to be so much trouble getting it to function correctly with my website. And the thought about returning the software didn't even enter my mind when the delays came up. It's commercial software, I made the reasonable assumption based on that and the fact that I was told it would work in Joomla by one of their sales people.. The bottom line here is that once I found out I would not be able to use the software, I immediately initiated the refund request and I was not nasty in any way about it:

Hello,
    I have been speaking with Josh in support over the last few days and he
    instructed me to contact the sales department for a refund. I purchased
    PhpLiveHelper in April of this year to be used on a new website. Well
    that website development was delayed until June, then again until now.
    Unfortunately, I simply cannot get your program to work with my Joomla
    website. They're just simply not compatible. If you review ticket
    JVP-841530 you'll see all that is going on. There are other problems
    too. When I click on my shopping cart, the invite image automatically
    appears for no reason. Also, the script sometimes causes the site to
    load incredibly slowly and times out sometimes too. When I unpublish the
    module containing the code for the icon, everything works again. Since
    I have not derived any use from the script since I purchased, nor will I
    be able to use the script, I would like a refund. As you will see, the
    license is for xxxxxxxx.com and nowhere on that site am I using
    PhpLiveHelper as it was planned for the new xxxxxxxxxxx website. Here
    are my order details:
    Based on this situation, I believe I should be refunded. As I said before, my $99 has functioned just fine for them, however, their software does not function for me. Yet they're going to keep my money? Just is not fair.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Development delays, No work done, The thought of returning software didn't enter your mind. Tell me why this is the companys problem?

You obviously have no regard for the terms and conditions that this company conducts its business buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This must be TKwebtools

A newbie and your only three threads on sitepoint are attacking 'dax' who is being shabbily treated. It is obvious you are Tkwebtools and is this your way of handling disgruntled customers.

I refer you back to a google search on 'TKwebtools'. Wouldn't it be better to resolve this matter. If your script doesn't work on joomla, it is worthless to Dax and I am sure most webmasters who WERE considering your scripts, would by now be very sceptical about dealing with you.

Don't you realise, that webmasters like me google companies before they purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by cthisisme View Post
    Development delays, No work done, The thought of returning software didn't enter your mind. Tell me why this is the companys problem?

You obviously have no regard for the terms and conditions that this company conducts its business buy.
    Last edited by dalt; Dec 2, 2007 at 22:59.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well your wrong!

I wrote "this company" because I couldn't remember their name!

I have no affiliation with that company what so ever.

Take another swing at me!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dalt, maybe he is them under another name, maybe not, but thank you for the kind words. It's funny how corporations today don't deal with customers on a per situation basis. "Oh, you're outside the terms and conditions, we don't know you anymore" is pretty much the feeling we consumers get these days. It's nice to receive letters of thanks from my customers when we go out of our way to help them out. I would think that any online business would want to conduct themselves in the same manner.. Once they have your money though, they don't know you anymore, or care about you one bit and that's what I've gotten from Turn Key We Tools. As a matter of fact, even their tech support showed hardly any interest back in june when I was trying to get the thing working the first time.. So my suggestion to anyone reading this, take your chances with hoping that their software will work right outta the box and hope you don't run into any trouble or god forbid do anything that falls outside their terms and conditions otherwise your purchase may also become a donation as mine did.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dax I have nothing against you,I just think you are being unreasonable in your demands. 6 months is to far down the line. If you were talking 30 days probably I'd agree with you!
    If your site was delayed for 12 months would you still expect a refund?
    Put it down to experience and move on.

Your in business you'll probably never hear the word fair in the corporate world!

Again I reiterate I have no affiliation with that company what so ever.

But I have been in business and as far as I'm concerned you are way out of line!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of time doesn't matter, the bottom line is that when I discovered it wasn't going to work for me, I immediately initiated the refund. I know I'm not "entitled" to the refund based on their terms, but I was hoping that they could look beyond those terms based on my situation. And no, you're wrong about being fair in the corporate world.. I have never and would never treat my customers in this manner. I do all kinds of things to make sure they're happy and come back to my site to buy more. Here's a for instance:

So, no, the PHPLiveHelper application did not work out for me, but this company makes other software products too. So if I had had a good experience with them, the results would have been twofold: 1) This long thread wouldn't be up on the internet and 2) I might consider buying a different piece of software such as their shopping cart from them.

But obviously, I will never consider buying anything from them again and will discourage anyone else as well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I disagree with you the amount of time does matter.
    I agree your not entitled to a refund.
    What you buy is your decision,but please take note of the terms and conditions next time!
    What you recommend and to whom, again up to you.
    But a bit of advise take it or leave it as you will Do not post things like if I get my money back I'II remove the posts really does sound like blackmail!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's absolutely no reason the public shouldn't be aware of this. I've never experienced anything like this before with other companies so I thought it should be known. Let the people decide if they want to buy from them based on my experience of trying to get a refund after the terms and conditions period was over. Let them see how they deal with situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Boy On The Block

We see it all the time. Someone takes a battering for not providing reasonable service and low and behold, a new kid on the block comes in boots and all and starts attacking.

Usual decorum is to tread carefully and work your way around. I am simply amazed how often this happens in the webmaster forums where members obviously setup duplicate memberships to promote or bash.
    Last edited by dalt; Dec 3, 2007 at 06:48.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents Dax, but if their return policy was clearly stated at the time you purchased this, you should've done your best to test this thoroughly in the first two weeks and returned it then if it wasn't working with Joomla.

Is two weeks enough time to work all the kinks out and ensure that it plays nice with other systems? Probably not, but this should've been taken into consideration when you purchased this knowing what their return policy was.

Having said that, I think you've tried your best to get this script to work for you and finding out now that it doesn't, it would've been nice for them to still refund your money and maintain some goodwill with you here. Who knows, you might've posted about how great they are and how they didn't have to give you a refund but they did anyhow.

Sorry, but the bottom line as I see it - it would've been a nice thing to do if they did refund your money 6 months after the guarantee expired, but they really don't have any obligation to do so in this case.

Steve

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalt View Post
    We see it all the time. Someone takes a battering for not providing reasonable service and low and behold, a new kid on the block comes in boots and all and starts attacking.

Usual decorum is to tready carefully and work your way around and I am simply amazed how often this happens in the webmaster forums where members obviously setup duplicate memberships to promote or bash.
    If your trying to say something say it!

You seem to be totally consumed that your a webmaster!

I don't care if your a webmaster!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do care. If you kindly noted before you waded in and attacked Dax, this happens to be a forum for webmasters, coders, programmers and developers.

Now I understand how your staff at TKwebtools treat your customers. You don't read or listen.

How clear can I make it.

Dax articulated his problems quite clearly and you couldn't even understand him. Just pay him his money as you are just making it worse for yourself.

If your trying to say something say it!

You seem to be totally consumed that your a webmaster!

I don't care if your a webmaster!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do care. If you kindly noted before you waded in and attacked Dax, this happens to be a forum for webmasters, coders, programmers and developers.

Now I understand how your staff at TKwebtools treat your customers. You don't read or listen.

How clear can I make it.

Dax articulated his problems quite clearly and you couldn't even understand him. Just pay him his money as you are just making it worse for yourself.
    What part of I have no affiliation to this company do you not understand!

Apparently you cant read I'II say it again " I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH TURNKEYWEBTOOLS"

Understand!

I know exactly what Dax is trying to do he want 99 dollars that by his own admission he's not entitled to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your actions speak louder than words. What part of my message don't you understand.

After your response to Dax's request for a refund, it was obvious to blind freddy who was behind the attack. I might add, this won't help you in Google, but just make your lack of business acumen more obvious.

Goodbye.

What part of I have no affiliation to this company do you not understand!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your actions speak louder than words. What part of my message don't you understand.

After your response to Dax's request for a refund, it was obvious to blind freddy who was behind the attack. I might add, this won't help you in Google, but just make your lack of business acumen more obvious.

Goodbye.
    I really don't know what is wrong with you?
    Please let this be the last time I have to say this, I have no association with turnkeywebtools.com never have, in the past, now, or as far as I'm concerned in the future.
    I'm sorry but I can't make it any clearer than that!

Your talking in riddles again what attack are you talking about?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dax wanted to publicise his plight. I joined this forum for 1 reason,I have an opinion on this.
    Dax should be able to put his case forward, but apparently god help anybody who disagrees with him!
    Ive asked a question and I'm hit with unsubstantiated claims and innuendo plus vague threats from google!?
    The only person doing any attacking here is Dax and his alter ego dalt there is just to many similarities between you two!
    Dalt your really should know how to post in a forum if your a webmaster!
    The quote goes before the reply that way the conversation flows!
    Oh look dax does it the same way!
    Dax why not put who you are what is your domain name?
    Free advertising!
    No, didn't think so.
    Dissapeared into the shadows of the web waiting for the next legitimate business to mugg.
    Dalt just slither back into the bowels of the internet where you belong!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, I know they're not going to refund me. They have not a compassionate bone whatsoever. I just wanted to make this situation public. No lies have been told on my part, or Turn Key Web Tools part except where I corrected when they said I waited for months to return it. No, I didn't. I (attempted) to return it the second I found out I simply could not get it to work no matter what I tried, as well as what the others whose help I solicited tried.

The situation is what it is. They're keeping my money even though I've NOT used and will NEVER use their software and yes, I was beyond the return date. So let the public decide if they want to risk ending up making a donation to Turn Key Web Tools like I did, simply based on how they choose to handle a situation that arises outside of their iron clad terms and conditions.

I can tell you this though. If this was my company and I was the one selling the software and I could verify that the customer was not using the software he wanted to return (again, it's a one domain license), I would gladly refund the money and say "we're sorry it did not work out for you, but please consider us again for a future website that you may need live help software on"

And you know what? As part of our business, we are creating more and more websites so I might have considered using their software for the other non-joomla sites had they acted more compassionately. But now, I will never consider their live chat software, nor anything else they make and I will discourage others from choosing them based on my experience.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you care to answer my question? Post 28

You have no claim against them it's not your money!

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My site development delay isn't their problem. You're right about that. I never blamed my site delay on them, nor did I say I did. When all the dust settles, their software is useless to me, whether it was a day after I got it or a year after I got it. It's useless for me. However, my $99 that I paid for the software functioned for them just fine. That's the bottom line. They have $99, I have nothing. In my opinion, that's not a business transaction, that's a donation. I'd never do it to anyone and I'm shocked that they would. If it was something that they couldn't verify that I wasn't using, that would be another story. But I say again, the license was for one domain only. In my mind, a compassionate business would say "OK, the guy couldn't get it to work, WE couldn't help him to get it to work, he's shown us the full FTP delete log, a screenshot showing the deletion of the MySQL database, he's filled out, signed and faxed our form, and we can indeed verify that he isn't using the live chat program on his website as he claims, so let's give him his $99 back to be fair." But no, in light of everything I've done on my part to show that I'm sincere in requesting the refund, they simply say, "nope, it's past 14 days, too bad." I wouldn't do it to anyone and I'm shocked they'd do it to me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slowly getting there.
    Why can't you accept there terms and conditions?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had derived any use or benefit from the product at all, I wouldn't be asking for a refund. Software is bought in order to improve some aspect of business. In this case, customer service. If I was never able to use said software to make that improvement, I believe from a moral standpoint, any reasonable seller would say to himself "The customer hasn't even gotten to use the software once so it's not right to keep his money." It's not as if I've been using the software since April on the website; it's actually not even compatible with my current web host and was planned to be used on a new, compatible host.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about post 47?

EDIT: Sorry yes it did say post 27 originally!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post 27 was my post...