User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need script for classifieds site

Hi,

I am pretty new to web design and have just launched an information and classifieds site aimed at backpackers in Australia

My site has different categories (such as jobs, house shares) etc, where I would like people to post classifieds. Some of these categories will be free to post in, others I would like to charge a small fee.

What I need is an automated way of accepting, and displaying classifieds (and payment where applicable). I don't really know where to start with this, I have limited programming knowledge so don't really think it would be wise to try and code myself.

I have searched some other threads on site point looking for references to good, free or lowcost scripts which would allow this, but have just confused myself.

I do want to keep the design of my site pretty much the same as it is now. Also, does anyone have any tips on attracting initial visitors to my site, and getting some classifieds up? I see it sort of as a chicken and egg thing - people are not going to be interested in my site until there are classifieds of interest them, but no one will want to put a classifed in my site if they think it has no vistors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at www.68classifieds.com - it runs on Smarty/html templates and has all the features you need.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    68 Classifieds is very good, and so is phpClassifieds. Both also have very good support for new users.
    Rapleaf: Person Data and Address Book Importer API
    Free & REST based. http://www.rapleaf.com/developer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, have you used either of these yourself?