User Tag List

Thread: Akon-mp3.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akon-mp3.com

http://www.akon-mp3.com - Everything you want about Akon: fresh news, cool hits, videos, lyrics, biography, discography, wallpapers.

any comments are welcomed.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no one?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice Work

Just had a look at your akon site.
    The site is very well made, nice use of css. However the title font ruins the look, it could do with been anti-aliased and saved in an image or something as it looks really pixelated. Also, how much content?! its a bit overwhelming how far down you have scroll to get to the bottom of the page.
    I like the color scheme also.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nosfer,

Here is some feedback for you. You have a lot of white empty space on the top of your site. This is pushing down all of your content. I would just reduce this space to push everything higher.

I actually don't like sites that are full of adsense links in the center of the page. For obvious reasons I know that this is the place where they are the most effective so you may want to keep them there if this is your goal.

Change your favicon so that it doesn't look that it is a blogger site.

that's all from me.

Francisco
    SmartRatings.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo and color scheme is very well done. The image seems slightly distorted though, like you had to shrink it a bit to make it fit.

The ad in the center bugged me. Having a tower AdSense unit there only pushes your real content down past the fold, probably annoying your visitors. A banner unit, or horizontal link unit would fit better if you feel you really need something at this location. Otherwise skip it and get your content to the top.

The page length is huge. It would probably be better to chop it up into more manageable chunks to make it easier on your readers.

Good job so far

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nosfer,
    I liked the colour scheme and the graphics are nice and simple.

I would just ask you what plans you have to deal with Googles up and coming '***** slap' release? (hits adsense publishers).

I also wondered if you wouldn't be better also adding some other forms of monetisation to your blog?

Paul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a blog? It's clean in colour.The design on the left is not so good.Is that designed on purpose?Another thing,the page is a bit long.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for these feedbacks. i'll try to improve it. As for Adsense... i've just tried to see what's this site's potential earning value. i earned 3$ in 3 days so it's not soo bad, but clearly there are too many ads there. i'm thinking on keeping it cleaner and aiming for first search result on Google for "Akon mp3" - i'm currently 14th - after just 7 days since the website was published.

i'll try to improve those other graphic features.

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosfer,

Overall, the site looks clean.

I agree with many of the users here...you should try to eliminate some of the white space on your site. With adsense all the way on the top, you might want to reconsider the format so it takes up less vertical space above the fold.

The first thing I noticed about your website was the Blogspot. I would recommend changing the Favicon to something unique so users won't think your site is just "another blogspot blog." I also think you should make you menu more noticeable so users can easily navigate the website.
    CheaperDeals.net - Helping you find the Cheapest Deals

Savvy25.com - For The Young and Savvy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also suggest refining the design of your header. The image of Akon becomes warped and fuzzy, contributing to that" this is just another blog blog" look so you want to get rid of that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I associate with "mp3" in a domain name is "downloading". Maybe it's just me but that might me a little misleading.

Next thing I noticed was the aspect ratio of your header image. The guy looks a little "stretched" to me.

What I really like is the huge archive that you already have.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site looks good, the archive list at the bottom of side menu looks a little cluttered with all the archive titles maybe smaller list or have them on a page where they have more room to make it look cleaner?

on top adsense adds i would alight it more to the left rather then centered

-Shiftline