Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review and candid feedback on the following site

Hi all.

I would appreciate your candid feedback on the following site:

http://www.cupidstuntsquiz.com

Any and all comments are welcome long or short though try to keep it constructive detailing what you don't like and why. I prefer sites to be minimalistic (though this is not always to others tastes).

I would particularly appreciate feedback re what you think the site is about.

Though feedback re:

Colour scheme
    Functionality
    Navigation.
    Page content (text)
    Trustworthtness.
    Speed
    General Concept

and most importantly would you use it and significantly would you return ?
    If not why not ?

I look forward to hearing you remarks.

Regards and best wishes

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Ok...

I think you need a logo.

The white lettering on top is just a tad light to read against the light blue background. Maybe try a different color?

From the home page, I read that I only had to answer 10 questions to win a prize but I had to hunt to find how to play. Ya might want to but a click here or a button or something to make it a bit more obvious.

I think you might need to read your text closer...look for typos, missing punctuiation etc. Just need to proof it a bit closer.

On the one hand, I like the blue and white and clean layout. On the other hand, it's a game site...for FUN! Maybe add some more color...make it a bit more playful.

Looks good!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the constructive feedback, much appreciated.

By how to play do you mean what was involved to play or actually where to go to play a game meaning the links & methods aren't intuitive and obvious ?

I suspected some might find the pale text a little too pale, I'll look into that.

and do you have any specific examples of typos, grammatical errors ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jomi,
    for the first time ever - I didn't like this site.

I found the colour scheme to be dull and predictable, the layout was basic (tooo basic), the lack of eye candy was also a contributory factor and the lack of underlying page design made the previous aspects more visible.

I've just reviewed a couple of other sites, they both had simple underlying templates but both had simple content on top - which made both of the sites appealing.

as for would I return, to this site, afraid not - there's nothing to return for.

I know this may sound quite negative but you can just rip of someone else template and have something a lot better than this with no real effort.

This is of course just my humble opinion.
    Paul.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul33

Your opinion is welcome and valid.

Most of your comments I understand some I don't (predictable colour scheme ?)

As previously stated I prefer minimalism but it's clear others don't.

I'll have a think about what you've posted and have a look at some other similar sites to see where they're at (with a view to "ripping it off").

Thanks for the feedback

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jomi,
    you're welcome.

The comment about predictable colour scheme was aimed at the fact that nothing stood out, it just looked like a blob of blue.

and I do know how hard it is to get these things started, the creative juices flow and sometimes they just flow in the wrong direction.

have a look at some of the designs that these guys have:
    www.designload.net/

some of it's minimalist and others not, but they all have an interesting use of a limited pallette, which is what I think you were trying to achieve.

You could also just search google for 'free dreamweaver templates' - I think oswd.org is a good source.

anyway, have fun.
    Paul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The speed is nice perhaps due to the simplicity of the design.The headline is apparently not so good.You should put something there to match your whole page.The page content is common,I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jominsons,

You site definitely looks clean, however I would question how trustworthy the site is. Any site having contests for popular electronics gives me reservations using the site.

You should also try to increase font size, bullet point, and color to the body text. The text doesn't engage the reader and turns them away.

ONe last thing, I think you should breakdown in detail how these contests work so that visitors will fully understand the process. Once users start entering contests, they'll come back to see what else you have to offer (hopefully).
    CheaperDeals.net - Helping you find the Cheapest Deals

Savvy25.com - For The Young and Savvy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the review and comments, much appreciated.

andrewcho4 yours were particularly helpful and I will work on the site with a view to being mote informative and instilling more trust. Hopefully these changes will be implemented over the next few days and I would be most grateful if you could revist and offer feedback again on the amended site.

Regards