SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS and Netscape

I have a global css that I use on all of my pages, and in IE this is great. Even Netscape 6 doesn't screw it up. but Netscape 4 looks at my CSS and laughs in my face before it ignores it. I have a browser sniffer that works, and right now it tells people to upgrade their Netscape to 6, but I want a better answer. Is there any link or site, or book, or anything that gives us an idea of how to do any form of CSS for Netscape 4?

Drew
    ~Drew

There Is No Greater Joy Than Soaring High On The Wings Of Your Dreams, Except Maybe The Joy Of Watching A Dreamer Who Has Nowhere To Land But In The Ocean Of Reality.

.net install meltdown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Meyer's stylesheet reference guide has some good info on browser CSS support & bugs.

Worth a look, NN4 has some really odd CSS bugs.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Topstyle Pro, for each property of CSS there is a list of browsers which support that specific property. Check my screenshot

http://www.sitepointforum.com/attach...tachmentid=340
    Attached Images Attached Images

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the answer?

Drew

Geiger came up with a solution to NS4 on my posting "Netscape and externally linked stylesheets". It seems the NS4 farts in the general direction of stylesheet BODY tags if the text is in a table, so you need to define a class in the <td> tags.

Is this what u mean?