SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Out Of Sandbox For Only One Day?

A site I started in January 2007 was sandboxed as of April 16th, 2007 (I think that's the date). I was getting 100+ visitors from Google per day and growing, then traffic dropped to zero.

For the past couple of months, I've been getting 4 - 7 visitors from Google per day. My site usually doesn't rank for relevant search phrases and if it does, it is usually buried in the SERPs.

I was looking at my logs and noticed that on 7/23/07 my site appears to have come out of the Sandbox for only that one day. I got 97 visitors from Google that day (I also checked the search terms in the referrer to make sure this was legitimate traffic). But the next day, my Google traffic dropped back to 7 visitors. Then 6, 5, 4 visitors the following days.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I've been hoping and hoping that my site would come out of the Sandbox, so I'm wondering if this one blip could be an indication that Google is going to let me play with the rest of the websites that rank.

Any ideas?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had something similar. I use a search engine tracker tool and several of my keywords will drop around 9000 places and then come back up 9000 places the day after. They werent important keywords so i let it go but if its this important i would contact google directly. Havent done so yet so im not sure how responsive they are. Maybe i would check that you havent linked to bad neighbourhoods.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akdiver View Post
    Maybe i would check that you havent linked to bad neighbourhoods.

Nope, no bad outgoing links. There is no forum or other visitor content. I'm the only one who can add links and I don't have any.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah well that rules that out. I know that google sometimes give new sites a temporary boost before they are ranked accordingly. Only know from experience not sure if its meant to happen but i think its just the algorythm trying to sort out a new website. Id like to hear peoples opinions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google goggles

Google has repeatedly reported to have its own strategies. Never ever tried to take into consideration of genuineness of any discomfort expressed by its true clients. Rather it gargles on them saying as it is their policy.

When it is the policy and we having accepted the terms and conditions -mostly without reading it in detail, later do not grudge at it.

Find a way out, and together we will resolve it.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bigalreturns's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaravis View Post
    Never ever tried to take into consideration of genuineness of any discomfort expressed by its true clients.
    Site owners/developers/SEOs aren't Google's true clients (well, not in terms of search, maybe for advertising), the true clients of search is the searcher.
    "The proper function of man is to live - not to exist."
    Get a Free TomTom

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you've experienced is fairly normal, and it could indicate that you're close to escaping the supplemental index or wherever it is your site is stuck.

I would work on some legitimate link building.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got out of the Sandbox for a few days between Aug 28th and Sept. 3rd. Unfortunately, it went right back in the Sandbox.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like your site might be out of sandbox in next update. If it is showing up now and then i think it is being figured into results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What aspen said. I've had this happen to me, just sit tight, in my case it was a prelude to coming out of 'the box'.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sure hope it comes out. It is relevant and I'm sure people looking for that kind of information can benefit from it.

Also, I'm hoping to make a few bucks off of it. So, Google traffic will be critical.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As of Oct. 16th I've been out of the Google Sandbox! It's nice to actually get traffic. For 2-1/2 weeks I've been getting a consistent stream of visitors from Google.

I've launched 3 complete sites since January 2006 (and registered several more domain names that I'm slowly working on as time allows ). In all three cases the sites were in the Sandbox. Two are now out and one is still in. The one that's still in the Sandbox is a political blog, and I'm hoping it comes out of the Sandbox by early 2008 as the presidential election campaigns really start heating up. I anticipated the Sandbox and started it early because of it.

Anyone who says the Sandbox isn't real is full of beans.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know what I noticed? I went into the Sandbox on April 16th, I came out of the Sandbox on October 16th. I came out of the Sandbox 6 months to the day I went in!

I was out of the Sandbox for 1 day when I originally posted this thread. Then I went back in. Then I came out for like 3 days, I think, then I went back in. I've been out for 23 days and it looks like I'm out for good this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Sandbox usually happens in a span of 8months or more. You could prevent being in sandbox by doing link build. Attract more viewers.
    Can't afford your dream house? Home Loan Calculator can help you.

Asian Tourism | Malaysia Property |USA Debt Settlement