SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I get JS functions to bookmark page?

Hello guys,

I'm looking for separate functions for web page bookmarking for these browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera.

Also, I saw websites that offer bookmarking with delicious and similar services. How do you think, what bookmark services should I add to my website?

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dynamicsitesolutions.com/...dd_bookmark.js

D*gg, del.icio.us (especially if it's tech/web-related), reddit and maybe also facebook seem to be the big boys. Just look around at some popular blogs and see what they offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This page has info on how to do it through the use of a simple javascript function.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chris_fuel, that page is quite rubbish. It'll make links open in the sidebar in FF and Opera, and it uses document.write, which is bad.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already seen this cript in action. It tells user "press Ctrl + D to bookmark this page". Strange script.

I don't need universal script. I will place small logos of browsers and user will just need click browser icon to bookmark page.

D*gg, del.icio.us (especially if it's tech/web-related), reddit and maybe also facebook seem to be the big boys. Just look around at some popular blogs and see what they offer.
    Thanks. Can you tell me where can I find "popular blogs" with few icons of such services? I remeber I saw such blogs (I even saw blog with like 20 icons of bookmark services), but I can't find them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
    chris_fuel, that page is quite rubbish. It'll make links open in the sidebar in FF and Opera, and it uses document.write, which is bad.
    Not sure what you're referring to with firefox at least, it works fine in mine. My wording was to look at the function, not endorsing document.write (never used it in my entire javascript career). The link you posted doesn't seem to do anything for firefox but indicate to manually bookmark it yourself?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand, when you use window.sidebar it makes links open in the sidebar rather than in the main window, but I've never tried it so I'm just basing this on what I've read.

al9, the BBC News website isn't a blog but at the bottom of its articles it has a few. I clicked on this recently and it had two. Actually, news sites tend to have them more than blogs, but I have seen them on blogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Can you tell me where can I find "popular blogs" with few icons of such services? I remeber I saw such blogs (I even saw blog with like 20 icons of bookmark services), but I can't find them now.
    Try something here http://3spots.blogspot.com/2006/04/s...ew-search.html in Buttons or Bookmarklet section.