SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Commercial Business Website for review

Hello fellow web-designer-entrepreneurs’!

Yes it’s another noob out here with my noobie beanie proudly displayed atop of my head.

I’m just getting ready to launch “officially” my website. It will be my primary website but it’s pretty green right now. I’m still adding content and products but I would appreciate some feed back on the layout and revenue potential.

www.jaceinc.com

I’m really new to ADsense and I’m wondering if I have optimized my placement. Does this site look like one that would succeed? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Oh...and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Sincerely,
    Jim
    Just another web Dreamer!
    Jimmy C
    jim@(nospam)jaceinc.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked your site and found that the font size on your Adsense modules is much larger than the actual font for your site. To me this doesn't look too professional. It seems that you are not too concerned about people visiting your own site but just leaving quickly by clicking in one of your ads. If that is all you care about that would be fine.

I also think that the products you are trying to sell are very hard to get to. After clicking "Products" on your main navigation bar, I was taken to a page that just had general info about your site. I had to click on a very small link to actually see the "Business Plans" you offer for sale.

In the Business Plans section you have a feature for "Ratings" from other people. Since you have limited traffic right now, this looks bad since it shows that nobody else has bought anything. People wouldn't want to be the first ones to buy. I would just take out the ratings until you have some traffic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input Smart. I didn't really notice the font diferences till you pointed it out. I'll think about that one.

As for the shopping cart...I agree with you. I don't like it either and I'm working on that on.

The ratings...Good point on that too. I have sold quite a few on ebay and I thinking on those terms.
    Jimmy C
    jim@(nospam)jaceinc.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site has a very clean and professional look. The logo is nice but the tag line is a bit small and hard to read at first. A slightly larger font, or less bold on it would make it stand out more. The rest of the site is well done.

The purpose of the site is spelled out very clearly by the text blurb as well as the flash animation. The flash moved a bit fast for me, and I was not able to read some of the larger chunks of text in time. Think about adding another couple of seconds on the delay, or a pause when the cursor hovers over it.

The ads are well placed and do not take up too much of the content space. I did not notice any of the font issues, so you may have corrected that already.

I think the key at this point it to build your content. You already have a good start, but as you get more and it is indexed you should see some good traffic on the site.

Looks good so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys! This is my very first post btw! I noticed that your homepage’s title reads “You” instead of “Your”; maybe you have it that way purposely for the search engines, but at the same time it looks unprofessional when you have that grammatical/spelling mistake in the title bar:
    “<title>Welcome to www.jaceinc.com! You Total Small Business Source! | Home</title>”

And good job with the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joomla!

The site looks clean and sharp, but I knew right away that it seemed like a Joomla template. Not to say this is a bad thing, it's just something I noticed . Perhaps some more images or content would make the page pop a bit more, but otherwise I like the simplicity.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

Thanks agian for all the input. Visedar, thanks for catching that MAJOR typo. Thats why it's always nice to have another set of eyes checking things out.
    Calash, thanks for that review. as for content...I actually have over 750 articles and growing so the content has a good start. I think my biggest problem is you can't tell from the front page that I have that depth of articles. I think I will be re-writing my opening statement to include it.
    And noleafclover...yup your right. Joomla!
    Jimmy C
    jim@(nospam)jaceinc.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback

Firefox 2.0.0.9
    XP SP2

Here's an answer to your question. Here's a great article from google for placement of ads for maximum impact.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...=1#post3624158

In the paragraph on the home page you state:"Is the fast paced business world Many need tips for starting a business."

I believe it should be "In the fast paced business world many need tips for starting a business."

"This site is an extension of our commitment to linking you with vital resources to help you successfully move your business home" The "move your business home" part doesn't make sense to me upon reading it.

This is minor but In star-up advice articles the article title is the same size as the article copy, it might look better if it had a larger font.

I wouldn't have this"Hello and welcome to JACEinc.com!" in all caps- doesn't look right.

Others have commented on it already but I agree it's somewhat difficult to read the tagline of the site.

Contact us page doesn't have contact information for you (remove it or fill it out).
    http://jaceinc.com/Contact-Us/

Home based has a typo in the copy.
    "You'll find al sorts of information and news here to keep you ahead of your game."

Overall I think the site looks well put together, but you should really run spell check on your site copy, it makes the site look very unprofessional.

Good luck!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very professional

Hi, I really like your site. Very profesional and you google ads are very well placed and looks good in the layout. I like the grey footer, that's the perfect color to go with orange.

Your shopping cart looks good. Great looking logo. Good luck
    Penny Auction Canada / US Penny Auction
    Penny Auction Coupon Group Buying Power

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good things about this site, very professional and business-oriented. It is obviously template-driven, as another poster has pointed out, but that's not necessarily a bad thing: people like familiar designs that they can easily navigate and comprehend. The site needs to address accessibility issues -- there's an excellent forum in SitePoint that can give you some tips there. Overall I think it's quite useful and usable. You should get a lot of mileage out of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Good:
    -Template is clean, clear, and simple
    -Adsense placement and integration is good
    -The colors work well together (still some room for improvement though....)

The Bad:
    -Personally I dont like seeing a website that is a very commonplace template. This makes the website much less familiar and personable.
    -The logo doesn't stand out at all
    -The information on the homepage seems too scattered and there is no clear path for your eye to follow

winter is around the corner Tomer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the template doesn't look too unique, kinda generic. The Flash is nice, but the text there is kinda blurry, it should be fixed.

Kinda confused about this - you're a merchant selling books, yet you still show ads? I know you probably think, "OK I'll add Adsense, and make extra dough on the site". It doesn't really work like this, and in the long run, loses you money.

First of all, many people [myself included] would never buy from a merchant that displays ads for the sole purpose of making more money.

Second of all, I'm sure you advertise and work hard to get potential buyers to your site, why would you want to show ads to them? Probably those ads are from competing sites - you're basically sending the customer to your rivals. Ouch

But if you insist - AdSense will give you a better CTR if you take off the borders, trying to blend it in with the site.

SitePoint Enthusiast domainpubber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the site looks nice; clean design and easy to navigate.

For your meta descriptions, you might consider changing:
    JACEinc - description
    to
    JACEinc | description
    or consider
    description | JACE inc if you want to optimize SE rankings

In terms of your adsense placement, I have found the 336x280 format works very well when placed at the top of an article and gets a much higher CTR than your current 160x600 and 468x468 formats.