SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation if someone have time to have a look at my work...

Hi there

if someone have time.... have a look at www.wish71.net or www.wish71.com comments and constructive critique will be greatly appreciate.

<snip>

I know that probably many of you hate frames and I wonder how can i get the same effect without using frames in www.wish71.net ?
    Last edited by AutisticCuckoo; Oct 31, 2007 at 00:50. Reason: Content violating forum guidelines removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nat bad. I like the use of color. The image gallery looks a little strange in it's lay out but it's functional.
    If this is a commercial endeavor you might want to redo the navigation bar. It's a little cluttered and confusing at first glance.
    Over all though it not bad.
    Just another web Dreamer!
    Jimmy C
    jim@(nospam)jaceinc.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike the bright orange on the left and right, because your site has a very dark color scheme I feel like the oranges are way too bright.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my opinion:

www.wish71.net
    1. Add some banner at the top
    2. Add some space between scrollable area and bottom links (contact, copyright, etc)
    3. Left-side navigation - either make the font smaller or rectangle, that hold the links, larger, add some padding between the text of the links and the border of the rectangles.
    4. I don't like hover effect on the left

www.wish71.com
    1. in the left and right column there is a blue line around each element. However, it only present on the left, right and bottom sides. I think you should also draw such line on the top side.

Otherwise, I like both links.

SitePoint Enthusiast cheap freelancer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background color needs to be changed to something which cause less pain to eye.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hate frames

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a nice site.Maybe you should modify the navigation a little.The mix of capital letters confuses me a bit.i think you can give this site a more professional look by making the site simpler and changing the color theme.good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its clean. I would make the text bigger though. And the bright orange throws it off. Make it a darker shade and i think we will have a winner.
    resellerscene - WHM Master Reseller Hosting at its BEST!
    www.kjcpop.com - A new ASIAN Community open!
    www.visoads.com - Live VPS Auctions every 4 days!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in this day and age, you should RARELY if EVER use frames. other than that's it not bad. not professional looking, but easy enough to use.
    Steve Davis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On wish71.net - I love the colors. I think the combo of the orange on black is very appealing. It made me smile right away. Very nice!!

On wish71.com - All of that white against the black and orange is extremely distracting. Not nice at all!!

I would agree with everyone else on the navigation.

The main navigation is fine on the .com site, but on the .net site it needs to be spaced more vertically and the font increased a point or two. I hate rollovers that increase the font on the hover state.

The bottom navigation on both sites need to have the font increased and needs more spacing horizontally.

SitePoint Member greg orym leach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wish71.net
    Nice site, I'd lose the various badges- they look a bit dated, and just take up space that you could be using to display your lovely pictures- keep the greenpeace one tho! The same goes for the 'this site has been tested...' spiel- users assume the site has been tested, or don't care (really!)- use your space for the stuff you want to show..

I like the black and orange vibe (I had a site like that a while back!), but I would maybe lose the gradient or tame it a bit, and somehow make the graphics less fussy- nice effect, just needs taming a bit to stop it distracting from the pictures- likewise, moving some of the links onto their own page would free up some screen area...
    Finally, check for typos- there are quite a few on there, and they are the one thing that will make a site look ameteur-ish...

Keep it up- it is a nice site, and deserves to do well

g

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its pretty good. The text in the center section needs to be about 1/2 as short. I'd create a "how to use this site" page and put the 1/2 you take out on that page.
    Ina Recipes -- Browse 314,000+ lunch & dinner recipes!
    Bar Club Directory -- Places to drink, party & dance!
    Drink Bible -- Browse thousands more drink recipes!
    Merrillville Alumni -- Home for Alumni from Merrillville, IN

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, i try to avoid frames at all costs, not very seo friendly and im sure there are other reasons. Nice site.

Through my eyes image could be a little better.

Good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Hi there....

Thank you very much for all your comments... I have updated the homepage... I'm working on a new version without frame and meanwhile I have updated
    wish71.net with a new script to show the photos.

The color still looks good to me also after years... but something will change with the new frame free version.

Any suggestion how to rid off frame easily keeping the menu bar fix (no scroll)????????

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the content and photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

New version is online!!

All the websites are now integrated...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    atrocious design.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm no photographer, and I'm not that design savvy, but I am a professional writer and student of the English language. So that's where I'll help you buddy. (No offence, the grammar could just use a bit of work and you wouldn't want someone not seeing your photos because they were turned off by the grammar.) You'd be suprised how snobbish we English are.

"My philosophy regarding photography is that when I shoot, I want to capture a moment in time. I don't shoot objects, I shoot moments."

"I try to stop one second forever, a unique solid crystal that can never be repeated in the Sea of time."

"First Thailand, then Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia. It was the green rice fields of Southeast Asia. It was green mountains, people of all kinds, big monsoon clouds, dusty roads, hard rain, spectacular tropical seas, and noisy motorbikes."

"I can't explain rationally why, I just felt that I was in the right place... and this is how it all began."

Hope that helps big guy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The left menu (can auto display and hidde) is good for developer, but I think it is not good for client becuase it's a little difficult to find the menu bar. And more I can't find which webpage I locate at present, and I can't know which webpage I have accessed,which webpage I havn't accessed.