SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rails on Leopard

Before upgrading Tiger to Leopard i would like to know from who has already installed it if everything was fine after the reboot or there was some issue to fix.

Thanks and have a good 1!
    Alla prossima ...

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Leopard comes with Rails built-in. I haven't tried working with it much yet, as I'm a traditional Locomotive type of guy, but I figure that the whole process itself is just easier with RoR already ready to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a DarwinPorts based install of ruby and rails and that carried over just fine with an archive and install from Tiger to Leopard. Rails is built into Leopard though so use that if you don't already have something else going.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just upgraded to leopard, and now i'm noticing some problems with mysql. When i try to access a controller I keep getting this error:

Mysql::Error: #HY000Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/Hc/Hcw53ZTNHn48MgR36Klyi++++TM/-Tmp-/#sql_1e2_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13): SHOW FIELDS FROM users

Has anyone seen this?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allotherstaken View Post
    I've just upgraded to leopard, and now i'm noticing some problems with mysql. When i try to access a controller I keep getting this error:

Mysql::Error: #HY000Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/Hc/Hcw53ZTNHn48MgR36Klyi++++TM/-Tmp-/#sql_1e2_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13): SHOW FIELDS FROM users

Has anyone seen this?
    I haven't even been able to to get MySQL working on Leopard. It looks like that may be a permissions issue, but that may not solve all your problems - I don't know of anyone getting MySQL to work on Leopard yet.
    Spencer Uresk
    Rails App Hosting
    Cheap Hosting - Directory of hosting plans under $10/month!
    My blog: Tech and Java Articles

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i found a work around. i hope it's ok to post a link to another site, but this is what i found after googling a whilehttp://angry-fly.com/index.cfm/2007/...SQL-on-Leopard

i made these changes, and now everything works fine.

hope this is helpful