SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have $100-$150, where to put?

I've been working on my site for the last couple of weeks (http://planasite.com) and now I think i have enough content to start advertising. I want to build up some targetted traffic. What do you guys suggest I do with the money and my time to build up some visitors ?
    http://websbests.com-Top Rated Sites Of The Web Brought By YOU!
    (submit your site guys)

http://howology.com-Explaining How To Do Stuff ...One Step A Time

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Adwords. If you target your ads well you should get decent performance from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Adwords. If you target your ads well you should get decent performance from it.
    Shouldn't I concentrate on building pagerank maybe ? Or submit my site for a review to some bigger site? Should I expect any profit from adwords?

Do you think there is enough content to start advertising ?
    http://websbests.com-Top Rated Sites Of The Web Brought By YOU!
    (submit your site guys)

http://howology.com-Explaining How To Do Stuff ...One Step A Time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBallerz01 View Post
    Shouldn't I concentrate on building pagerank maybe ? Or submit my site for a review to some bigger site? Should I expect any profit from adwords?
    Ignore PageRank . Chasing that will get you nowhere.

Submitting for review will get you a tiny bit of traffic but probably no quality traffic.

As far as profit goes, well, that depends on well you target your ads and how well your website converts visitors. If you want a review of your site before going live submit it in the Website Reviews forum. That way you can get some feedback before spending any money.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could write a blog about your site to get some new traffic. I would add site to free directories also then try adwords.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote an article on my blog some time ago about what to advertise on based on budget. Depending on what your focus is (pagerank or traffic) focus on links and paid reviews. One thing i'd like to note ( checked out your site) is that right now you can probably have a just as good outcome as far as traffic goes, with social networking promotion and the such, and keep your money fr later.

And don't ignore pagerank. I'd hate to burst everyone's bubble but unless Google completely abandons it or stop displaying pr for each page publicly, PR will be the main metric both publishers and advertisers use for content monetization for a long, long time.
    Last edited by stymiee; Oct 31, 2007 at 06:47. Reason: self promotion removed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.S View Post
    And don't ignore pagerank. I'd hate to burst everyone's bubble but unless Google completely abandons it or stop displaying pr for each page publicly, PR will be the main metric both publishers and advertisers use for content monetization for a long, long time.
    Yes, ignore pagerank. It's not because PR is not important or serves no purpose. It's because trying to increase your PR will not help you rank better or get more traffic. Since that is the goal of their website then chasing PR is pointless. Plus if you do a good job of promoting your website your PR will climb naturally as a side effect so no need to chase it when it will just come to you anyway.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chasing PR will get you nowhere especially with the latest round up updates. I would recommend checking out some of the lower CPC ad networks as AdWords may not get you the traction you want over a long enough period of time. Your goal should be to setup a sustaining campaign not just have a burst of traffic.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't spend the money on PPC unless you're selling a product and can re-invest your profits into more clicks. $100-150 won't last that long and then you'll be right back where you started with no traffic. Maybe it could work if you add a newsletter or other subscription-based system to capture their email.

I would suggest investing in more long-term solutions like buying links on quality related sites or in good paid directories. Most directories run in the $30-40 range, so you could get a few good links within your budget. I think http://info.vilesilencer.com has a paid directory list on their site.
    Get more backlinks!
    Auto-submission to 300 quality directories for only $20.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great point. You cant afford PPC. Try free classifieds first.
    EARN $200 to $400 PER SALE WORLDWIDE PM FOR DETAILS.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buying the ppc advertising will increase your page rank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd spend about $50 at StumbleUpon and $100 with PPC. The cool thing about StumbleUpon is that the $50 will buy you a guaranteed 1000 visitors (50/.05 = 1000). But, you could end up getting way more visitors than that if users like where they are landing and give it the thumbs up. They key is to pick a couple of your posts that you think people will really like and spend $5 on each to test the waters. The link that does the best should then have the rest of the money allocated to sending traffic to that link.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taxman1 View Post
    buying the ppc advertising will increase your page rank
    No it won't.