SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rotating Adsense in iFrames

I know this has been asked before, but most of the answers are old and probably out of date. I am thinking about rotating Adsense with YPN in an iFrame... possibly on a 60 second rotation. I think this would outperform just rotating them on impression, since both would get in front of a user and hopefully the change would catch their eye and they may click. Its worth giving it a shot, anyways. I've heard varying answers on whether Adsense will work well in an iFrame. I'd like to hear from people that are actually doing it... what your results have been.
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People have relevant ad problems with iframes.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be wrong but i think it might be against googles terms. You could run high paying ads that are not related to site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try it, see what happens. If Ads come up blank, default or totally irrelevant, you'll know that they are out-of-context.

I wonder if it is a TOS violation to place AdSense it an iframe... I can see the abuse potential, but, on the other hand, many sites engage in that practice simply for loading time optimization purposes.
    -yasha78
    Ad-Network reviews and useful tips:
    WebsterFlooble.com - Last Updated: CasaleMedia
    GetRichandQuick.com - Laugh your a** off, learn something useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How in the world could rotating CPC ads in a frame, which gives them greater impressions, be bad for Google? If a person is sitting on a page and they haven't clicked on the ad that's there, why not give them an opportunity to see another ad. It costs nothing for anyone if a click is not occuring.

With regard to the higher paying irrelevant ads... the same question holds. If the ad is irrelevant, then no one will click on it and the only person hurt is the publisher. If someone does click on it, then who cares if it was "irrelevant". In fact, the act of someone clicking on it would prove that it was relevant.
    Mike