SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple domains with single Wordpress install

Drupal has the option of managing multiple domains form a single installation. Does anyone have experience doing the same with Wordpress? There seems to be something called WPMU, but it seems a bit complicated. Has anyone used it before?
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe that is for running multiple blogs on one domain rather than what you are speaking of.

Basically you would like to have one set of software for multiple, unrelated domains? I don't know what can do this as you would need separate DBs for each version of WP. I know some people who have several blogs on one domain though.
    Sara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Sara. Ah yeah, out of the box WPMU can't seem to do that, but there's a plugin called Multi site manager that claims to do it. The installation seems a bit complicated though.

It also might be as simple as creating a second set of tables with a different prefix, and serving the proper wp-config file based on the domain. I've yet to try this though.

Basically you would like to have one set of software for multiple, unrelated domains?
    Exactly. Updating multiple versions can be a real pain.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer