SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Business / Appointments

Do you think that a blog on a specific industry and specializing in announcing new appointments to key jobs can be relevant (on a user and on a SE point of views) ?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. Good starting point, and if the blog becomes successful, you can branch out and report other news on the industry beyond appointments.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep ! I thought about that too

Blogging here is not the key issue, the key issue is the relevance of the content and WP is used as a SEO friendly and easy to run CMS

Do you think that the blog has to be specialized on a specific industry or can he cover a few ones as WP provides ways to classify content into categories and users can be interested in various areas of business ?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no technical limitation to what you can cover; the question is if you can find a human audience for your content. If you expect to cover three totally different topics, also expect to have trouble keeping subscribers since they're not going to want a blog in their list where 2/3rds of the posts are completely uninteresting to them.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see

It's just that I thought more to SEO (with the biggest quality content I could publish on daily and weekly basis) than to users ... Thanks to SEO I will (maybe) get this human audience for my content. The challenge will be to keep it ... Tricky

If the content is easy to find on the blog concerning specific industries maybe it can help

It's like here (even if it's a forum and not a blog) ... There are threads about content, about design, about programming, about hosting, about marketing, about ecommerce ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But this isn't a blog, and you won't find forums for discussing blackjack, horse riding and hair styling. All the topics are strongly related to a specific audience.

Always put people first, unless you don't plan on your site being around in a year anyway.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your input Dan