SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS background height issue

I'm working on http://www.livetextalerts.com/new/ and having a problem where the background image for the main part of my page isn't displaying for the entire height of my content. (Please view in FF as I KNOW IE is waaay screwy right now.)

The background image that isn't filling the space is in #mainenc. Any idea why it's not showing behind all of the content? I would assume because I have nested div ids and the content are inside a div inside #mainenc, but how do I get around this?

Or are there better ways to construct this page?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not totally sure why you have positioned all your elements absolutely???

Have you tried just statically positioned elements? (because that should work with your type of page layout)
    James Padolsey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
    Awesome JavaScript Zoomer (demo here)
    'Ajaxy' - Ajax integration solution (demo here)

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy DaveWoods's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be using absolute and relative positioning for this when it really isn't needed and you'll create problems for yourself.

For something like this layout you should just let the content flow and then use float's to position the elements along with padding and margin.

You'll find that approach more easier, flexible and consistent cross browser.