SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s) and MySQL

Hi guys,

I have even managed to communicate with ASP.NET to MySQL (which is great)

One MAJOR problem... I can't use the GUI parameter builder. I'm not too bothered about using a graphical userface, I would rather take the time to hand code the store procedures by hand...

I thought if I did the Stored Procedures in MySQL I would be able to ADD them into my TABLE ADAPTERS using the ADD EXISTING STORED PROCEDURES function in Visual Studio...

Not so... Everything is blank. Is the only way that I can communicate to MySQL stored procedures is through the presentation level and by setting up temp table adapters on webpage backend code (*.aspx.vb) page???

Can't I use the three tier model having a Data Access Layer / Business Logic Layer and then finally a Web/Presentation Layer?

This is a major concern to whether I can even consider using MySQL as a database in bigger projects in the future.

Thanks again,

SitePoint Member
    Melbourne, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    I use CoreLab's MySQL Data connector and VS DB Tools and I can work with stored procedures.

It is worth the money you pay.
    Anthony Attard
    "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

ASP.NET with MySQL

Why don't you use Connector/Net driver to establish a connection to the database? It works great, and very similar to System.Data namespace.
    Last edited by wwb_99; Nov 2, 2007 at 12:21. Reason: self promo redacted
    Sandeep Sekhon, CTO
    tel: (559) 440-6422
    SiliconScript, Inc. - Providing Solutions