SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Some SuckerFish Help

Hi, Well hopefully someone has some free time to assist. I only know how to modify code and thats it. Other than this trying to code my own things as I am now I usually run into trouble.

I am trying to upgrade my personal site menu. Because of this I will pm you the link if needed. The theme is a freebie wordpress I really like it but is extremely limited to the current four links. I would like to expand by using the same font and size and color used currently and create a drop down suckerfish menu.

So here is the css for the nav in the current theme. The drop down links should be black as a side note.

Code:
    .navigation {margin: 0 24px;}

.navigation a {
    	color: #6C7151;
    	font: normal 1.9em serif;
    	line-height: 50px;
    	margin: 0 16px;
    	text-decoration: none;
    }
    .navigation a:hover,.navigation #selected {
    	color: #2C3111;
    }

Ah just thought of something. Located the theme here. Now you can have a better understanding of what I am dealing with.

The suckerfish menu instructions are here and you right click and grab the code here.

Basically as mentioned before I want to implement the current theme with my own drop down menu based on the current. As I do not know anything other than to modify basic code I get lost quick.

The problems I am facing are getting the width between the links

Home About Me Community News Entertainment

to be right and also the whole thing centered. Someone with basic experience with css should be able to do this in 30 minutes. The only other thing I would prefer would be having the css separate but I should be able to deal with it as is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get topstyle lite, its free and you will appreciate it for editing css.

add
    width: 200px;

to the .navigation a selector

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See this is what I mean. I do not even know basic terms. Not just that when you type the above as you did I have not a clue what you mean to do. Basically you have to insert and highlight where you did so I can understand somewhat. Otherwise thanks for your tip and any other help is still needed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need suckerfish menu without fixed width. Very thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If those menu items are your main menu, and you don't want fixed width, you're pretty screwed. I spent about 5 hours trying to get inline menu to work but then it screws up in IE because the sub menu doesn't drop down below, since the main menu list is inline, the anchor link won't act like a block level even if you explicitly set it.

You can see my suckerfish menu at http://cft.wonshik.com

I found you have to set a width because you need to float it, if you're using a horizontal menu like I did.

If you're creating dynamic menus, I wouldn't go with suckerfish. But for static menus it's great.