SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Lithium - Any recent good experience with them?

This month I've been really shaking things up and trying to expand the networks I use and try to fill all my inventory of impressions. I have been experimenting with BlueLithium and hit on a strategy that seems to be paying very well at the moment, with them.

Looking back through the forum, I see a lot of complaints of non-payment, however a lot of them are based on older reports. So please only respond to my thread here if you have first hand experience in dealing with them as a publisher. Since they are now owned by Yahoo, I wouldn't think that if they were not paying in the past, that they could get away with it now. I am considering bumping them up to top tier based on the results from the last few days, but don't want to find out in 2 months that I get nothing and lose the revenue from the other networks.

I am reading through their Terms and wonder if this is the reason that some people aren't getting paid...

Invoicing. The Publisher shall, following the end of each calendar month during the term of an Agreement, issue to BlueLithium an invoice specifying the amount due for that month based on the reports as to Advertising or Activity Types for the Publisher Media in that month that can be accessed by means of the Publishers login at www.bluelithium.com. It is the publisher's responsibility to inform BlueLithium in writing, during the month, of any discrepancy dispute related to that month. In the absence of such notification the amount to be paid for the month to the Publisher will be in accordance with BlueLithium's recorded revenue stats.
    Within 60 days after receiving a correct invoice pursuant to Clause 2.7, BlueLithium shall pay to the Publisher the relevant Remuneration.

This seems to indicate that the Publisher (that would be me) needs to invoice BlueLithium for what is owed just after the end of each month, and that then they would pay within 60 days. Seems like a hassle, but if I continue to see the results I've seen for the last couple of days it would be worth it.

I'd just like to hear from anyone that is working with BlueLithium and having a positive experience?
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had no luck with them, but a ton with adsense.

I displayed ads for blue lithium and never got a check, although i had reached the aloted amount to receive one. After contacting them again... they said they would send one. Its been 8+ Months... no check. Go figure.

They where purchased by some other company i believe.

I personally think its a waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that is why I was asking about "recent" experience. I can't believe Yahoo would allow that type of activity to go on under than watch. If you didn't send them an invoice, then by the terms of the agreement they don't have to pay you. Did you try sending them an invoice as indicated in my post?

Anyone else? Anyone gotten paid from them?
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didnt ask me to send them an invoice at that time. Its not worth my time to sign up... place ads on my site... then make an invoice... send it off... wait for a reply.... ect.

I dont know anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they didn't tell me to send an invoice either... but it is in their policy document. I have a call scheduled today with my account manager to go over this with them. I have hit them with the question about non-payment. For the level of income its producing, I can't just drop it without looking into it.
    Mike

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invoicing is a big hassle and is infact a very odd way of doing things online and can actually turn affiliates/publishers away from a network. I don't know why the few sites that do this, do it. They are loosing hundreds of potential affiliates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I just hit a snag with this, so it may be a moot point. BlueLithium uses AdRevolver which will refresh ads while someone is reading a page. This boots your impressions a lot, and this ad was generating a lot more than any other network. The problem I've found is that IE records each ad refresh as a new page, so if someone goes to hit the Back button in IE, thy have to hit it twice for every minute that the person was reading the page. I've been getting a lot of complaints, so I'll have to roll it back. Anyone know how to get this to work without populating entries in the page history?
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try putting it in a frame to prevent that back button error.

Unless that is illegal?

Good luck.

so you say they make more than any other ads? Even Adsense and Yahoo Publisher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its too early to tell, because sometimes ad networks will produce a lot more for the first few days. But so far they are beating the other CPM networks I use... primarly ValueClick Media and Tribal Fusion. I did get a phone call and a couple of emails now from them. It seems like you can automatically sign up with them from their website, but if you don't talk to them and get their contract and give them a W9, then you probably won't get very far. They told me verbally that they pay net 30 and no longer require an invoice... that was apparently before they upgraded their systems. I'll keep everyone posted. If I can work out the back button thing, that I'll be golden. Since their system rotates the ads themselves, I wouldn't think that they would mind it being in a frame... but I've not used frames much. I've been reading up on it to see how it works.

As for Adsense, they are by far my most consistent over the long haul, but I just started with Vibrant Media too and they may beat them. So far with almost a month under my belt, they are producing a similar number of clicks per day, but the eCPM works out to be higher leaving me with more income. But all of this could change tomorrow. It is also probably hightly dependent on the market your sites are playing in.
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats cool. Be sure to post your results later.

I may try it again on a site if you say its beating adsense.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if these are actually owned and run by Yahoo yet? The old company that use to own it were a total let down. They had an CPA network as well and they were a total joke running that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my testing, I got them to beat Adsense one day, but I didn't mean over the long haul that was necessarily the case. I am still experimenting and trying to find the right mix. I do know that they have been bumped up in my rotation above Tribal Fusion based on preliminary results. But I need another couple of weeks to really get a feel for it... and then more to see how they pay.
    Mike

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when I used them they were paying a flat rate $0.50 CPM for US traffic and $0.25 for most international traffic. Their customer service has been non existent to me and thus the reason I quit using them. I even tried to license their adrevolver ad management product and no response from their end. Yet, I keep getting emails from their LeadVance product line asking me to promote their affiliate offers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys are still running well for me. I ran them about half of last month and got good results. I also have had 2 or 3 different support folks from them that have responded to emails very quickly when I have had questions or issues. They even created some custom tags for me that I needed for a particular purpose. So far they are producing at the top of my CPM stack.
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mccollin View Post
    These guys are still running well for me. I ran them about half of last month and got good results. I also have had 2 or 3 different support folks from them that have responded to emails very quickly when I have had questions or issues. They even created some custom tags for me that I needed for a particular purpose. So far they are producing at the top of my CPM stack.
    Have they actually paid you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Red View Post
    Have they actually paid you?
    I wanted to follow up on this. I did finally get my first check from Blue Lithium. They had a mismatch between my company name on file and what was on my W9 that I submitted, but I received a check today. Their support has been very good... always able to reach someone when needed. I am in the process of signing the new IO for next year, which they say is the one related to Yahoo taking over. So hopefully they'll keep performing. For November they were my top network performer of 8 that I use. In December they are neck and neck for the top spot. The quality of their advertisers has also been first rate. I'm very happy with Blue Lithium.
    Mike

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou for updating this thread

they never paid me before but I might actually try them again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
    Thankyou for updating this thread

they never paid me before but I might actually try them again

Did you follow up with them on it? My check didn't come when it was supposed to, so I contacted them and they told me what the problem was. The check then came right away. We'll see if next months comes on time which I expect.
    Mike

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they only owe me a little over 50$ (I was testing them to see if they pay or not) and it's been at least 2 years so i forgot about it.

I been doing this for almost 10 years and it's the only network not to pay me
    I got paid by CPX this month but you guys make me worried that they will not pay me next month

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spoke with my acct manager and they told me that since they went to a new admin section you aren't required to send them a invoice. also got a new 2008 IO to sign (Yahoo requires this). so far any communication I had with them has been positive and all questions have been answered.
    Some Domains for sale, others available:

BuyNBAjerseys; BuyNHLjerseys;
    Underwaterenergy;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, they don't require invoicing, even though strangely the IO you sign says they do. I took their word that this wasn't required and I got paid.
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to report that BlueLithium is continuing to do good. I just got my second check from them... this one for $x,xxx and it came on time. They are also doing very well this year and have become one of my top performers. Whatever their problems were in the past seem to be gone.

They had me sign their new "Yahoo" IO a couple weeks ago, and strangely it still says that the publisher has to invoice them, but I haven't and I'm getting paid.
    Mike

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used them and they always pay on time. Also their customer service has been much better since Yahoo acquired them.

Although they did request that we stop running their ads around new years because of a shortage of creatives which they blamed on advertisers not being around to contact because of holiday vacation. I found this quite weird. I was actually told to stop running their ads for 2 weeks.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they pay on time and have moved to net-45. this month has been brutal with their revenues however
    Some Domains for sale, others available:

BuyNBAjerseys; BuyNHLjerseys;
    Underwaterenergy;

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't you get an email to stop running their ads? They warned me that their fill rate would be next to nothing this month.