0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jump to anchor on another page based on selection

I have a dropdown form selection containing a list of counties:
    Code:
    <form method="POST" name="form1" action="page2.php">
    <select size="1" name="county" onChange="form1.submit()">
    <option value="" selected>Select Your County</option>                                                        <option value="Alamance">Alamance</option>                                                        <option value="Alexander">Alexander</option>                                                        <option value="Alleghany">Alleghany</option>                                                        <option value="Anson">Anson</option>                                                        <option value="Ashe">Ashe</option>                                                        <option value="Avery">Avery</option>                                                        <option value="Beaufort">Beaufort</option>                                                        <option value="Bertie">Bertie</option>
    </select>
    </form>
    I'd like it so that when a county is selected, the user is automatically taken to page2.php and taken to a specific anchor on that page.

How do I go about specifying the anchor to use based on the selection made in the dropdown, then carry that to the next page and jump down the page to that anchor?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe look here http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...ighlight=bosko
    solution is at the end.
    Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a simple solution:

Code:
    <select size="1" name="county" onchange="document.location='page2.php#' + this.value">
    Putting that as the select tag opening allowed me to make the value of each option the name of the anchor I wanted to jump to on the following page, and all worked well!.

But thanks for your input!