SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WordPress Plugin Qs and Update Qs

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this? I need a WP plugin programmed that will check the referring url and display navigation to the visitor accordingly. I'm not sure what I should pay for this and was hoping you guys could clue me in. (ballpark)

On a related note, does my theme get messed up when I update to WP 2.3? ANy other bugs to be wary of?

Thanks!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your theme makes use of plugins that reference database tables that no longer exist in 2.3 then you might get some errors. The Wordpress site gives a list of 2.3 compatible plugins I think. I think most of the things I had to fix up were in relation to the use of UltimateTagWarrior which is now part of the default WP package.

I wouldn't have thought checking the referring URL and serving up different content would be that hard. How many different permutations would there be?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discussing pricing (even a ballpark) for services is prohibited on these forums. You might post an ad in the Looking to Hire section or a freelance job listing site to see what kind of prices you get quoted.