SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switching Colors in Paint Shop Pro

Hello. I'm using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7.02, and I'm wondering how I can "easily" switch two colors on an image. I have a white logo on a blue background, and I want to switch it to a blue logo on a white background. "Negative Image" works great if you're just dealing with grey scale, but obviously that won't cut it for this particular image.

The hard part is changing the color of the edges. Obviously I can flood-fill the interior, but that won't cover the anti-aliased edges, unless I jack up the tolerance on the flood-fill tool, in which case I would lose the smooth anti-aliasing. I could painstakingly flood fill each pixel from the anti-aliased edges using a low opacity, but it seems like there should be a better way.

Does anyone know if there's a way to just say "make everything that's white blue, and everything that's blue white", while maintaining the smooth anti-aliasing? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the better way isnt really all that good, but it works pretty well most of the time, now what you have to do is use the magic wand to select the background area, now go selections > modify > feather and enter in 2 or 3px now select flood fill and in the options window select match mode as none. for the best result you may have to play around a little bit with the feather, but in the end you will still most likely need to fill in a few pixels here and there.