SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Alert when file types uploaded to server?

Is there an easy way to record and be given an alert by email when certain file types are uploaded to my server?

Recently i have had my server hacked and php files were uploaded without my knowledge. The files were on the server for a long time before i spotted them.

I have patched the security hole that allowed the files to be uploaded but since i have so many files on my server - it is very difficult to know in future if this happens again.

I was hoping on an alert by email by anything such as a .php file was uploaded - that way if i have not uploaded this myself i will know immediately that there is a problem.

Perhaps there is a way to set this in apache or a pre-coded script is available somewhere online?

If not - would you think this is a large project to code from scratch?

Any help appreciated.
    Add your web design / hosting companies to my directory - Web Hosting Directory
    Want to join our panel of experts? - Hosting Forums ( top right of forums -expert drop down box for more info ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the files being uploaded?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I does not matter - what i am looking for is an email alert whenever certain file types are uploaded to the server.

If they uploaded through FTP, a script or any other means.

If that is not possible - looking for an alert for as many of the possible ways to get something onto the server.
    Add your web design / hosting companies to my directory - Web Hosting Directory
    Want to join our panel of experts? - Hosting Forums ( top right of forums -expert drop down box for more info ).