SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy I want to start a new blog !

Hello guys,
    I want to start a new blog mainly about something that I enjoy so that I can come back and keep posting to the blog but also something that I can easily monetise using Adsense and what people find of importance to keep coming back to read daily.

I run a very successful blog on jobs and people keep coming back daily and I need something to serve as addition to this blog money wise.

I was thinking a something on either FOREX or SHOPPING because of the high relative adsense income and against CELEBRITIES i.e Britney Spears cause of the low Adsense earnings or CPC on such.

What are your experiencies and suggestions ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always found that popularity doesn't mean more income, I run a small self storage consumer website, barely any visitors, but the ads pay very very very well, the trick is to find high paying keywords with low information or resource websites about them, thats the golden ticket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why exactly do you think you need a different blog? I wouldn't recommend starting a blog just for the sake of it. You need to enjoy the topic, enjoy the writing, and enjoy the interaction otherwise the chances of it being successful are very slim.

Why not spend your time growing your Jobs blog into more than it is?
    Sara

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you actually an expert on jobs, forex trading, shopping and celebrities? How will you come up with regular content on those topics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New blog ?

Quote Originally Posted by ses5909 View Post
    That is is they trade off I am seriously considering. I really want to grow the Jobs blog but then I also need to diversify my blog arsenal.

As for content I get my jobs from a daily paper that is not widely circulated. For forex or shopping or any other I am searching for a constant content source that really "ADDS VALUE".

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandecki View Post
    I always found that popularity doesn't mean more income, I run a small self storage consumer website, barely any visitors, but the ads pay very very very well, the trick is to find high paying keywords with low information or resource websites about them, thats the golden ticket.
    Are you talking about the Adsense ads paying well?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I dont know exactly where i found this post ( i saved it on my laptop some time ago! But i hope it will help to all new blog makers. hehe

This method takes about three months to fully build up. (Lets say about 100 days to be on the safe side). Now as the Cashquest blog already pointed out, if you want to sell a blog for $900 dollars, the general rule of thumb is that the blog must be making a monthly revenue of $90. I agree with this estimate as this is what the general market trend shows. Most people would be willing to pay about 10 times over if they know that they can make up the outset and at least get some profit within the year.
    Cashquests wrote the original posts, and I have made some modifications to it so that its would be possible to earn as much as $5000.

(oh yeah, just in case I forget, all you bloggers out there can get free advertising for your blog, and linkback too. just head HERE and add your link. All links are moderated so you need not worry about spam. Put up a short post on your own blogs linking back to it. The more people here about it, the faster it spreads, and the more clicks you are going to get from it. No need for any silly widgets to be displayed or anything. PLUS its free.=)....right...as I was saying)

Thus, you will obviously need to have 5 (5 x $900 - if you feel this is too much, then hey go for 4 x $900 ) blogs running simultaneously. Now, this may seem like a daunting task, but I can assure you, for a person who spends a lot of time blogging, it's very easily done. You just need to balance out the posts on all the blogs. For those of you that want to know how I sort out the excessive number of posts per day, I will explain it in full further down in the post.Lets get to it..

1. You will make 5 new blogs per month. Therefore, by the end of the month, you will be having to put out about 30 posts per day across 15 blogs. Not as difficult as it seems (I hope that you will bear with me) as I will tell you how this can be done in under 2-3 hours a day. I will explain further on how to overcome this obstacle of writing up that many posts per day.

2. Blogger blogs are okay, but it is obviously better if you get a proper .com domain. Hosting is pretty cheap these days and you can host multiple database accounts on one server (if you get a good server).

3. Text Link Ads - sell it not for $1 but instead sell it for $2 (times 10 links). Money Made = $20.

4. 125x125 Banner Ads - Set up 6 and sell for $5. Money Made = $30.

5. PayPerPost - This will be your most guaranteed money maker. You will only have to make 1 post per week per blog. Money Made = $20.

6. Feed Ads - Like the man said, if you post on a regular basis, you will make money. Sell your space for $10. Money Made = $10.

7. 480x60 Top Banner - Placed at the top of your site next to the header, this is a prime piece of advertising space and youíre going to guarantee itís sale by selling it for just $10 per month. Money Made = $10

8. Grand total = $90/month.

9. Ok good, so that's the first blog. There are a few reason's why I changed Cahsquests method, and I will discuss them in a bit. Next part is obviously multiplying that by 5 blogs.

10. How do we do that?A few ideas include:

* Easy niches...i.e. some blogs only have pictures to them... or videos (no actual posts)
    * Content Rewriters - sneaky and i'm not a personal fan
    * Do it the hard way.

11. So you're going to need to put in 1 or 2 posts a day per blog. Easy you say. Yeah...for the first month or so. But understand that you will once again be buying 5 more blogs in month 2 and another 5 in month 3. Therefore 30 posts. Yes it will be a pretty much full time job. Unless you use content rewriters or have niche such as a picture blog - i.e. Flickrdreams. (probably takes him 5minutes a day to do 5 days worth of posts hehe)

12. Once you hit the obligatory 90 day mark, you can sell the blog. By this time, you would have generated enough blogs to propagate the system.

And there you have it.

Further strengths:

1. You can link all the blogs together (if you the posts are connected, thereby speeding up linking processes etc and traffic generation)

2. Easy to set up linkbait from one blog, to the next, to the next - We shall call it AnthonyJudeLawrence Chain Blog Linking *smirks*

3. The reason that the TLA price was raised from $1(original Cashquest form) to $2 (my version) was so that we could lower the posting frequency.

4. People tend to think of blogs being for selling in such traditional terms. I.e. You post about "how to make money" on a blog until it matures enough, then you sell it. Blogs, for the most part, are exceptionally versatile platforms. Even if you did not want to go for a Flickrdreams type site, you could easily try something like PostSecret or another one of those thousands of sites out there which actively INVITE people to post on their blogs.
    Weaknesses:

1. You'll be absolutely exhausted with a 30 post/day output. However, if you are considering doing the Flickrdreams type blog, you can always outsource to a randy teenager who will probably do it for you for free! I mean which adolescent male out there wouldnt want to have a license to look up nekkid women! *grins*

2. Can you guys think of any others?

Viability:

This idea seems relatively viable and it seems like it may be carried out with relative ease (for those of you that are willing to put in the time.

Advanced ideas:

1. API mashups to pull in data from Flickr or any one of those media aggregators!
    2. Use Social bookmarking to get more traffic (and therefore backlinks to your blogs in that 90 day period) - use Sociable and AutoSocial Poster

3. Enhance SEO so that you garner the best possible results at the 90 day period.

I hope that you guys enjoyed reading about this idea... if you have not already done so, please grab my Full Feed RSS so that you can get great articles like this direct to your Feedreader! Oh and for those of you that want free advertising, please feel free to add your blog to the Free Million Blog Page. Then all you have to do is to write up a short article to give your link there some publicity. The more people that add themselves to the page, the more popular it'll get, and the more traffic you will get! Cool huh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have really been running all my blogs on blogger and I am really craving a mydomian.com blog. Thanks for your write up there. What I consider very important from your post above is the ease for posting on my part.
    I can't afford to give myself more work right now. So I will be running a very basic no frills picture blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tips were really nice. Got something new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I have seen elsewhere but good points still..

..You should bare in mind that a new blog will take months to stand on its own two feet - 3 months if your semi-pro seo and years without targetting.

I tend to look for high payers as suggested by ssandecki, because when your clicks get into the 000+ things that convert well make all the difference.

Start as you mean to go on -choose something that will convert well AND you have a basic understanding/interest. otherwise it might just fizzle !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Beginners wanting a personal Blog and that to customizable, here are few steps ...you can 1) open a free web hosting account at 110mb.com (ad free), 110mb has loads of ready to install (script) for blogs, forums, image galleries etc..If you dont want that then 2) Download a "phpblogger" script from hotscripts.com and install it to your webserver (its really easy) customize it and there you are your own personal blog. 3) Now the last and the important thing to do is register a domain yourblog.com (optional) and forward it to your blog's address......Done! later, if have some knowledge about html or php add adsense or other ads on your blog$$

http://www.idera.in
    Last edited by AMEYJW; Oct 19, 2007 at 23:39. Reason: SLIGHT ADDITION...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you only write garbage in the blog it won't make it. I am sick and tired of bad content and blogs that are certainly made ONLY for the money. Even 1 article a day is a lot if you don't want to copy another one or write same stuff all people write about. A unique well written article takes even 1 hour to make: decent size, informational, images etc. 30 a day? No way you can deliver 30 QUALITY UNIQUE blog posts in a day and not kill yourself while doing it.

The plan is OK, but if you strive for quality and not quantity, then you have to use LESS blogs and more work per/blog. Instead of 30 crappy blogs, better have 1-2 that are just awesome.

My opinion

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojo View Post
    If you only write garbage in the blog it won't make it. I am sick and tired of bad content and blogs that are certainly made ONLY for the money. Even 1 article a day is a lot if you don't want to copy another one or write same stuff all people write about. A unique well written article takes even 1 hour to make: decent size, informational, images etc. 30 a day? No way you can deliver 30 QUALITY UNIQUE blog posts in a day and not kill yourself while doing it.

The plan is OK, but if you strive for quality and not quantity, then you have to use LESS blogs and more work per/blog. Instead of 30 crappy blogs, better have 1-2 that are just awesome.

My opinion
    Mine too!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected someone to shoot me for being so straightforward

it's nice that one of the best members here shares my opinion

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by it_pimpin View Post
    As for content I get my jobs from a daily paper that is not widely circulated
    Don't you have copyright or legal issues ?

SitePoint Addict silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some really good pieces of advice in this thread, this being the best in my opinion.......
    Quote Originally Posted by ses5909 View Post
    Why exactly do you think you need a different blog? I wouldn't recommend starting a blog just for the sake of it. You need to enjoy the topic, enjoy the writing, and enjoy the interaction otherwise the chances of it being successful are very slim.

And there are some absolutely crap pieces of advice. All I can say in this regard is don't publish 30 posts a day - unless of course you want - and expect - to be the only one reading them. Because I can assure you, no one else will be!

Good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the biggest problem is the declaration
    How bring visitors to the blog???
    Visit my blog

STRANGE NEWS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see where you guys are coming from with thinking that 30+ posts a day is unreasonable if you expect good content. But I think it depends on the type of content really.

I pounded out about 30 posts the other day actually, the quality is a little marginal, but because of the nature of what I was writing about it was quite easy to churn out masses of posts in minimal time. It all depends on the content.

For example, a friend of mine runs a recipe website. So his blog posts are nothing more than a paragraph summuary, a photo of the end product and a simple description of how to make the meal with an end comment about what it tastes like. Most of the photos are borrowed from elsewhere on the web (with permission of course) and the recipes are just things he learned over many years of working in restaurants so required zero research. The content is quite good, but when people are looking for recipes they generally don't care if it's original or not, they just want something which tastes good. It's not plagiarism as he has made everything and added his only input to it. But essentially he can churn out 30+ recipes a day as most of his background work was done over years of working in restaurants.

Of course with most blogs this doesn't apply. But thought I'd put my 10 cents worth in.

Ryan,

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not make a blog about the best new jobs or best paying jobs. You can get the info from mutiple places and even list some of the jobs from your other site in each post.