SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: GoTo

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyonehere used GoTo or other similar search engines? I did and i had a very good experience with them (http://echodev.com/articles/goto/) and I'd like to hear other people's experience with such ppc engines (FindWhat, Sprinks, etc.)

Boris

------------------
    Echo Web: The Web Developer's Starting Point
    http://echodev.com
    ===================
    Comments? Need Help?
    E-Mail: webmaster@echodev.com
    AIM: master99a
    Y!: boris251398

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used goto.com for some time and have generated quite alot of traffic. However, as there seems to be alot of competition for bids, it can be rather expensive.

Thanks to the Webmaster Tribune, I signed up early on with sprinks.com, and have got alot of cheap traffic. One thing that is very cool about sprinks is that you can bid to be a sponsored link on About.com Guide Sites. For example, for a site on Buddhism that I work on ( www.pariyatti.com ), we are a sponsored link on the buddhism.about.com Guide site. Therefore, for the main guide page, and any of the sub-category pages, we appear as a sponsored link. This is alot of very targeted advertising. And we only pay a few cents or so per clickthru.

I have just signed up for FindWhat.com, and have gotten some hits so far, but I don't have enough to say how it will go.

I signed up quite awhile ago with rocketlinks.com, and I'm still sitting at the same 0 hits that I began with.

In general, I find that these search engines are a source for quick exposure, but can be expensive in the long run, so you need to see if you are getting any return on your click thrus.

Take Care,

Adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I only get 10-20 hits a day from them, though I'm on 2 of their larger categories. (Then I screwed up and put $200 in the purchase field when I meant to put $20, so I'm desperately trying to get rid of it. They have no phone number listed for some reason... I guess I'll just have to deny credit card charges... Unless they do update it (and haven't yet).)

Owen