This is on a Fedora 6, Apache 2, MySQL 5.0.45 set up.

While doing a php install I get an error when running the config script. When the script gets to "creating main/internal_functions_cli.c" it says:

"ATTENTION Something is likely messed up here, because the configure script was not able to detect a simple feature on your platform.... .... ...see the debug.log file".

I did check debug.log and checked that the MySQL file it complains about exists. The file is there in the specified location. I am surely not about to edit it although the error may be permissions related.

From debug.log:

gcc -o conftest -I/usr/include -g -O2 -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/mysql-5.0.45-linux-i686-icc-glibc23/lib -L/usr/local/mysql-5.0.45-linux-i686-icc-glibc23/lib conftest.c -lcrypt -lrt -lmysqlclient -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcrypt 1>&5
conftest.c: In function 'main':
conftest.c:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/mysql-5.0.45-linux-i686-icc-glibc23/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Anyone seen this error before?