User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile CreditSearchPro Review Please

Hi There,

I'm new here. Would appreciate any honest critiism you might have about how I might improve my site. Thanks much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where, but I've seen this exact layout and function before. I believe it has something to do with a WordPress plugin or something? A subdomain.

In anycase, it looks like a great "landing site" but doesn't really offer anything that is aesthetically pleasing. Sharp borders, and basic color choices make the page quite bland and uninviting.

I'm not staying it has to be all web 2.0 but it could be more inviting to users. Use some whitespace.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thank You!

Hmmm....guess I better do some more research. I don't even know what you really mean by Web 2.0. Yikes!

I'll work on the changes...appreciate the input!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. It's very blue. The first thing I would do is explore color palettes. Experiment with what colors work well together. Once you find a palette that works nice together apply it to your site design.

2. There is no heirarchy in your design. Everything carries the same weight. In other words I don't know what to start looking at first on your page.

3. In the left column, everything looks like buttons yet only the top group is linked. Are the other sections suppose to be buttons too? They give this impression if they aren't.

4. The red square in the title of the seconadary pages is not needed and is distracting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. The page doesn't scroll in FireFox.
    2. I also agree with AncientMyth about the heirachy.
    3. The links are not obvious. You'll need to add hover styling.
    4. You might want to do something about the blue space on the right side.
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like said above, the scroll seems to have been disabled, which is very annoying.

The design on the whole is okay, nothing that screams special. Although I admire your effort and would not want to put you down whatsoever.

You should work on the layout and the colour scheme. There is too much blue surrounding your content and it's not very comfortable to browse through nor is it easy on the eyes. You should really look into using more white space.

Your logo is neither effective nor innovate, just text which adds on the boring ambiance of the design (sorry!). Everything also seems a little too packed and cluttered, you need to add more spacing and add more variety of colour definitions such as professional orange etc

Good luck!
    eFlair Design | Premium Design Services and Web Consultation

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Really Appreciate Your Comments..

I'm going to start making the changes. Obviously, there is a tad too much blue! It's difficult to see things when you've been looking at the same page...great to have new perspectives.

I am completely clueless about why the scroll doesn't work in Firefox. I used a drop and drag program, WebEasy 6.0, to make the site and have no real html knowledge. If anyone has an idea why it's not working, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firefox Scroll

I think I fixed the firfox scroll problem but I'm not sure. I am trying to test it at one of those sites where you can view different browser shots. If anyone has Firefox, would you let me know if the scroll is working now?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fixed now, but now it's the other extreme. Scrolls down forever.

Why don't you just install Firefox and see for yourself?
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to handle the content first, coming from a financial background. Presuming that you're promoting your site to a relevant audience, the first thing they're going to see is in your face advertising. Add information about who you are and a contact form. Why should they use you rather than any other company? Brand recognition is very important with credit cards so if a potential lead doesn't know your brand you need to build a lot of trust.

As for design - you've got a four column design but the fourth column is being wasted. I personally would change to having three columns and place the credit report link in the first column. It is very blue. Maybe a white or pale background to the main page would work better.

You've got the titles [1] Research and Find and [1] Apply Online - shouldn't that be 1 and 2?

Overall it shows promise but theres some very good advice in this topic
    Nearly 7 years old!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys...

I have been working on the site and am trying to make modifications as suggested here. It is sooo helpful to have your comments and suggestions. I'm new to all this and have little html knowledge so have to rely on my drag and drop software. A big learning curve! Anyway, thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you plan to do with the fourth column? Some ads maybe? Honestly, do not worry so much over the aesthetics of the page . Focus more on its intuitive use and ease in understanding of its content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Wilks-Eye

Well, I was thinking of ads for the 4th column as well. But then I read several prior posts that seem to indicate I should do away with the 4th column and add more space. Any ideas?

I know I need to get rid of the blue BG. Just trying to get to it. Was thinking I'd put a Featured Article boc on the first page...click to read more typr of thing.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is too boxy. There are alot of sites out trhere that you could borrow the design from. It's not easy to come out with a unique design especially if that's not your thing. The site is scrolling way too far. You need to get rid of that tall gradient to fix that. It's also unclear what you are trying to accomplish with your site. REMEMBER: the days of making easy affiliate money are long gone.
    Zip code Maps and tools - www.mapszipcode.com