User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scripts at flickrbabes.com

Hi there,

Anyone know how they built flickrbabes.com?

Do the author have to manually add each picture, or is it automated?

And what script is used to present the images on that blog (Im assuming it's WP) ?
    My Blog
    Latest project: Romantikk.com (No)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That site looks like it's manually updated, but it can be automated.

Steps:
    1. Find the relevant feed you want on Flickr's site (i.e. a feed for photos tagged "babes").
    2. Write a program that checks the feed periodically (i.e. every hour), reads the feed's contents and stores it in a database.
    3. Write a frontend to the database that displays its contents.

I'm not sure if I'd automate such a thing for a blog though, you can easily end up with hundreds of new entries a day on your site if it's all an automated process, and who knows somebody might tag a picture of a pig as "babe" (from the movie).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From looking at the last past on the blog you can see that it's not automated (it won't be updated for a while since the owner is on a vacation!).

So then I'm wondering what kind of plugin he uses to display those image entries?
    My Blog

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the flick api (http://www.flickr.com/services/api/) + a wrapper like flickrphp to make it a bit simpler to include flickr content on your website. If i'd have to automate this i would find a set of tags that describe what i want to show, have the api look for photos with these tag combinations and display one every day.

For example search by interestingness with tags "hot, woman, sexy" and display a random image from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any really popular site would still have to manually go through the pictures. I could post something totally irrelevant or worse and just tag it "babes".

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subnet_rx View Post
    Any really popular site would still have to manually go through the pictures. I could post something totally irrelevant or worse and just tag it "babes".
    That is why i would sort by interestingness, photos that rank high there are usually tagged correctly.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing it manually is no problem. I could just load up a lot of images once a week and post them with dates in the future dates, so I wouldn't have to work with it more than once a week! Im just interested in what script they use to present it on the blog
    My Blog