Thread: Need some tips

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Need some tips

Hi folks,

I'm good at css. I've done some integration in the past, but this time, I'd like to make something great (in term of integration and semantic web).

I got a few general questions:

1- Is it good practice to put the real content (as opposed to menu, header) near the top of the html file and position it where it should with css?

2- If 'yes' to question 1, any suggestion as how to achieve this?

Design specific questions:
    Ref: http://www.flogeagle.com/flogeagle.jpg

3- I'd like to have some tips in term of what divs you think would work great for such a design

4- I have no idea how I could integrate the right-side box (those that look like a paper). Any idea would be GREATLY appreciated

5- For the header and footer, should I simply use the image as a background of a large div, and position the link text with css?

6- For header/footer, how can I make it take 100% of the width and fill each side with a line that is as thick as the slimest part of the image?

7- For the part where the golf course image is, how could I make it take 100% of the width.. and use a 2 colors scheme (like it would be split horizontally, with 2 colors). The brown line would be 100% wide and the part the image cover would be another color (same as the header).

QuickNote:
    The right-side boxes that display shows and clubs need to be content-less as these box won't be filled with that specific content. I will use these box to put some other content.
    Thanks for your help!

padawan silver trophybronze trophy markbrown4's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    4- I have no idea how I could integrate the right-side box (those that look like a paper). Any idea would be GREATLY appreciated
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503781

1- Is it good practice to put the real content (as opposed to menu, header) near the top of the html file and position it where it should with css?
    I don't believe it's that marvelous as people make out - I simply add a skip to content link at the top for screen-reader users.

3- I'd like to have some tips in term of what divs you think would work great for such a design
    Code:
    <div id="header">
      <ul id="topmenu">
      </ul>
      <ul id="middlemenu">
      </ul>
      <h1></h1>
    </div>
    <div id="notes">
      <div></div>
      <div></div>
      <div></div>
    </div>
    <div id="content">
      <h2></h2>
      <div></div>
      <div></div>
      <div></div>
    </div>
    <div id="footer"> <span></span>
      <ul id="bottommenu">
      </ul>
    </div>
    You can float #notes right give it a width of say: 300px; and a margin-left: -300px; then other content will flow under it as if it weren't there. could come in handy..
    7- For the part where the golf course image is, how could I make it take 100&#37; of the width.. and use a 2 colors scheme (like it would be split horizontally, with 2 colors). The brown line would be 100% wide and the part the image cover would be another color (same as the header).
    Use borders

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need some Help / Tips

Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate my latest design.

Original design: www.flogeagle.com/flogeagle.jpg

Where I'm at right now: www.flogeagle.com

Here are my problems/questions:

1- You will notice a white border around the container. If I remove it, the sub menu in the green (at the very top) just goes down 1 inch! How come? I don't want that border.

2- Since I will have 3 boxes like the one saying "Temoignages de client" of unknown length, how can I position them? For the first one, I used absolute, but for the other 2, how should I do?

3- The brown footer, how can I align the brown box with the very top green box?

4- How can I place the flogeagle.com link near the footer as shown in the jpg?

5- I'm I doing fine so far in general in terms of html and css? would you have any advices/tips to give me?

note: I know I use png and I didn't yet put the IE hack, but I know how to do it. Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrown4 View Post
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503781

You can float #notes right give it a width of say: 300px; and a margin-left: -300px; then other content will flow under it as if it weren't there. could come in handy..

Use borders
    Could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I followed you! You're talking about the 3 boxes (like a papersheet) ?

Ref: www.flogeagle.com/flogeagle.jpg

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any one?