User Tag List

Thread: Blog importance

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blog importance

It seems like everybody is adding a blog to their website for the purpose of SEO.
    Last edited by ses5909; Oct 9, 2007 at 11:23. Reason: removed link

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only for SEO purposes. A blog is helpful because

1. It gives a familiar, person to person format that connects with potential clients/customers

2 It is an ideal venue for company updates, sales, announcements and basic promotions work.

3. With good entries, the company gives off the feeling that they are abreast with the times, that they manage the growth of their company successfully.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever Search View Post
    It seems like everybody is adding a blog to their website for the purpose of SEO.
    Then it seems like people have a lot to learn about blogging and also SEO

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Then it seems like people have a lot to learn about blogging and also SEO
    It is well known that Google has a tendency to temporarily rank new blog posts high for a couple of days or so. So, it is possible to take advantage of that to get traffic to your site. I'd consider that an SEO benefit, albeit a temporary one.

Plus, Google likes lots of content. The more blog posts you have, the more content there is for Google to like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a blog added to your website you will attract more visitors and potential buyers!

It is a great idea to add one! Just try it and check the results

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesedude View Post
    It is well known that Google has a tendency to temporarily rank new blog posts high for a couple of days or so. So, it is possible to take advantage of that to get traffic to your site. I'd consider that an SEO benefit, albeit a temporary one.

Plus, Google likes lots of content. The more blog posts you have, the more content there is for Google to like.
    This happens irregardless of the format. The fact that is a blog is irrelevant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's nothing inherent to blogs that makes them better for SEO than any other site. Fresh content? Any news site can have that. Syndication via RSS? Not exclusive to blogs by any means, people are making RSS feeds out of everything now. SEO-friendly article titles/URIs? Can be done with any half-decent CMS nowadays. Pinging? Any coder can whip up a Perl script to do that in a half hour if they know who to ping.

If you start a blog just for SEO benefits then you've missed the point. Crappy content with a good title and an RSS feed is still crappy content, regardless of how you set your website up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with the above. Blogs only add value if they have value. A bad blog may actually detract from your site and cause people to turn away forever. Don't blog for the sake of blogging; it has its benefits, but it can bite back too.
    Ed Womack
    Get Milked