User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review dnxpert.com

Hi,

I just launched my blog and I would appreciate some reviews.

Please comment on overall look and feel, adsense placement on main page and on inner posts and overall content quality as well as anything else you see fit

http://www.dnxpert.com

Thanx in advance

SitePoint Enthusiast Paintingblack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, but theres room for improvement. Take off most of those "Web 2.0" buttons, they just get in the way. Leave the few you want, that'll have the most impact on your site. The other ones make it very cluttered.

I don't like how the front page only has 5 short articles on it. You can fit almost all of your articles and still have it look good - maybe better. You want more length in your website, just shows you have more content.

The content itself, however, is very good, and it seems to cover what you're trying to. I only find that it gets a little repetitive, and the user really would have no reason to click the "Read More" button. You have to find a way to pull you audience into the content, not have them briefly read over it.
    PaintingBlack.com - Quality Articles and Web Design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, ^^^ the content is good. I like the overall look of the site as it is not too much for the eyes.

I like the expired domains area.

And maybe some additions to the DN Programs would be nice.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool, thanx folks, I will add improvements over the coming days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the overall feel of your site, though I would maybe drop a few buttons on the left, and perhaps move one of your ads over there. From a ad placement I couldn't say if it's good, but with ads after the first three articles it started to seem like there were a lot of ads on the site. I would keep it to only one or two ads under the articles, and move some over to the side.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fair enough thanx jhorra ill try spacing them around

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Immediately liked the clean design of your site, also its very easy on the eyes which is a welcome relief when you know there may be a lot of reading ahead.

Agree with top posts about possibly adding a lot more content to the main page area, as i got down as far as the 5th one and wondered if that was all that had been added, leaving me to chase round the site to find more.

The articles are just about the perfect length and leave you waiting to see if the next one is just as interesting.

Brilliant site.
    Kevin Conlin
    Reseller Hosting Solutions - Now with IRC Allowed Dedicated's!
    http://prontohost.net