User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Please visit my site http://www.addto.com, and take a look at my content, and then my meta tags.

Anything wrong in the meta tags?
    Can the selected keywords work fine?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to access your site. I get an ugly IE "The page cannot be found" error.

------------------
    Who the heck is Gen. Failure and why does he want to read my hard drive?
    Soon to come: Aspology.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make that a "Friendly" error in the Advanced Internet Options.

I know, I know.... I just couldn't resist.

Seriously though, If you want help with your meta tags that is one thing. IF you want people to review your overall design and content then you need to follow the rules in the Website Review forum and we will open up your review request for many opinions.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this time because I want someone helps me in the meta tags. So, I post in here. Am I correct? I've no intention of violating any rule.

Also, I didn't find error in accessing my site. Please visit it again. Thanks!
    http://www.addto.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, now it's working (Wayne I like the ugly ones because they load quick!)

Just so everyone else can quickly see...
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code/font><HR><pre>
    &lt;TITLE&gt;addto.com e-commerce potal irectory and free business resources&lt;/TITLE&gt;
    &lt;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"&gt;
    &lt;META NAME="description" CONTENT="We collect URL dedicated for offering internet business solution and free tips for running e-business"&gt;
    &lt;META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="e-business search engine, e-commerce directory, ecommerce, web site promotion, web hosting,web design,
    business plans, funding,webmaster resources,internet marketing, website promotion, e-commerce community,
    affiliate programs,associate programs,email marketing,start business,small businesses,business opportunities,website marketing,
    web directory,free business advice,
    affiliate programs,internet marketing center"&gt;
    &lt;meta name="revisit-after" content="13 days"&gt;
    &lt;meta name="robots" content="INDEX,FOLLOW"&gt;
    [/code]
    Maybe a few more keywords wouldn't hurt. But probably the main reason is the English in your description... "We collect URL dedicated for offering internet business solution and free tips for running e-business". It should be "We collect URLs dedicated to offering Internet business solutions and free tips for running e-businesses".
    The title should be "addto.com e-commerce portal: Directory and free business resources"

------------------
    Who the heck is Gen. Failure and why does he want to read my hard drive?
    Soon to come: Aspology.com

[This message has been edited by d3v (edited May 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jonese (edited May 16, 2000).]

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a little "tip"

misspell your keywords.

For instance if I had a site about italy I would have the following keywords:

italy itayl taly ialy etc etc

People make typos when they type into search engines, this will help you get a few more hits.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also in your keywords add "web, site, hosting, design". In other words break up your phrases.

Make sure you have good alt tags on your images. Make the one for your logo the same as your page title. Include as many keywords in the page text as possible. Also go to the search engines and type in your keywords. What are the top ten listed sites doing that your not? Follow their lead.

p.s. Quinn - Next time do you think you can word wrap the text before pasting it? I know its more work but it makes everything so much more enjoyable to read. I do hate horizontal scrolling (I am using 1280 X 1024, think about people at 800 X 600 or lower)
    ------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited May 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited May 16, 2000).]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd have less keywords, remove the commas and forget about misspellings.

You don't really have many in your copy. Add more in there. Have your most important keywords 'e-commerce directory' in the title and description and a few times in the body copy.
    Remove all commas. Without them you can have more word strings, eg 'free business advice online', instead of 'free business, business advice, advice online' - saves you abit of room and you don't end up repeating words too often.
    Misspellings - I don't see the point. If you can't spell you probably aren't going to find what you want, so you retype it. Check out http://inventory.go2.com/inventory/S...ggestion.jhtml for keyword research. Now try italy v taly to see how many times italy was misspelt. None, italy was searched for 19414 times and wasn't spelt taly once. The trouble with adding misspellings is filling your keyword tag with crap and diluting the important ones. I know this is only GoTo.com but it's a fair indication.

And get rid of the revisit tag and meta http-equiv="Content-Type tag. They mean nothing, forget about them. A search engine will not visit your site in exactly 13 days time.

Utilise the alt tag with about 2 or 3 keywords/phrases in each.

Nice directory.