User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Paintingblack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Black - Web Design Articles and Reviews

http://www.paintingblack.com

PaintingBlack.com tries to provide quality articles (written by me), about web design tips, tricks and applications. Any criticism is welcome (about the content, design etc), and if you like my articles, comment and such.

I do realize that I'm missing a contact, about me and sales page, but review whats there!
    Last edited by Paintingblack; Oct 8, 2007 at 17:07.
    PaintingBlack.com - Quality Articles and Web Design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could provide a subtitle "Quality Articles and Web Design".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agent01 View Post
    Maybe you could provide a subtitle "Quality Articles and Web Design".
    Yeah I probably should somewhere, but I'm looking for more creative criticism than just one thing. Thanks for pointing that out though, I tend to forget the little things.

Also, thanks for the bump, it's about time! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignoring my site won't make go away! Unless it's that good and you can't comment.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the site is very well put together. Its very clean, the layout is aesthetically pleasing. Very good use of black and gray to create depth, the blogs you have posted are very well written. I wish I had some sort of constructive criticism to offer you, but this is the kind of site I like. Some people might find it boring I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by braclute View Post
    I think the site is very well put together. Its very clean, the layout is aesthetically pleasing. Very good use of black and gray to create depth, the blogs you have posted are very well written. I wish I had some sort of constructive criticism to offer you, but this is the kind of site I like. Some people might find it boring I guess.
    Thanks, I can see how some people can find this boring, but it's really made for web designers. Keep reading and commenting, new articles every 2 days.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

New here and just learning how to design my own site...so, I'm not sure how helpful I can be re: your website design site but here goes:

1. I like the black and white look.

2. It may be because my eyes are just tired at the end of the day but the white text is a bit difficult to read.

3. I like the butterfly but something about it seems a bit off. I'm not sure exactly what it is...maybe the size is a bit large with the text? The rest of the site is so sleek and clean. The butterfly seems just a tad too juvenile somehow compared with the rest of the site. Perhaps a few more details on it might be worth trying out.

4. As a newbie, I found your widget article informative. I like the quick list of guidelines re: the amount of banner ads and types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that I see wrong with your layout at all is giving people the option to go to traditional whitespace (many readers hate white on dark). Also I noticed within the comment sections, that in IE 5 at least (might be the same in other browsers but dont have those available to me right now)... need to be aligned to the left. For me they are aligned to the center and are difficult to read.

As for the content, you wanted to write about web design tips, tricks, and apps... but the latest posts covers sarcasm on the internet. Also just noticed that the entire logo isn't clickable, only the font outlines and the butterfly... perhaps set it up as a bg image with explicit height and width.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bloggercamp View Post
    The only thing that I see wrong with your layout at all is giving people the option to go to traditional whitespace (many readers hate white on dark). Also I noticed within the comment sections, that in IE 5 at least (might be the same in other browsers but dont have those available to me right now)... need to be aligned to the left. For me they are aligned to the center and are difficult to read.

As for the content, you wanted to write about web design tips, tricks, and apps... but the latest posts covers sarcasm on the internet. Also just noticed that the entire logo isn't clickable, only the font outlines and the butterfly... perhaps set it up as a bg image with explicit height and width.
    1) I'm not actively developing for IE 5.5, it's one browser I've decided not to.

2) The logo isn't click able because you're using IE 6. It's a transparent .png, and I'm using a PNG hack so it looks good.

3) The Sarcasm article was a response to one of my readers, who asked for that article as mentioned in the article. I don't plan to have many other articles like that.