User Tag List

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double padding in FireFox

Here's my test site: http://www.nicestylesheet.com/blog

The problem is that under the star rating area, there is 20px of padding and there should only be 10px of padding. In all other browsers I've tested in, it's fine, just not FireFox.

I've been doing this long enough to know that FireFox is probably displaying it right, and the others are misinterpreting it, but that still hasn't helped me solve it.

The weird thing is I can test this locally and it works fine. Same code and everything and works in all browsers like I expect it to, so I'm not sure what the deal is.
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------
    My Sites: LogoGala | Golf Ledger (coming soon)
    Twitter: Deron Sizemore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off the top of my head, double check your bottom margin and padding settings. Also, the input field below the stars, may have something to do with it.
    intragenesis, llc professional web & graphic design

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by holmescreek View Post
    Off the top of my head, double check your bottom margin and padding settings. Also, the input field below the stars, may have something to do with it.
    Hey, thanks for looking. I double checked (again for safe measure) the margin/padding settings. I also just removed the input field altogether from the html and it did not have an effect.
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've narrowed the problem down just a bit here. To ensure that the footer wasn't interfering I removed all styles from #footer.

I then removed all padding from #gallery li. After doing this, I added the padding to each side of the li item one by one and I discovered that as soon as I apply padding-top to #gallery li, that's when the mishap happens. It will not only apply a padding-top of 10px, but it also applies padding-bottom of 10px, thus meaning that when I go back and add padding-bottom of 10px, that effectively makes the total padding-bottom: 20px

So then I thought maybe it was something to do with the margin-top on ul#gallery, so I removed it with no change in the behavior.
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it out. Well, actually didn't figure it out, just changed the code. I was using a form originally and now I'm using an unordered list and it seems to be great. I guess the form code was messing everything up.
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------