SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry background-image: repeat.......not repeating!!!

Hello All:

I am trying to get a small dotted line image in a table to repeat so that it goes all the way to the bottom of the page.

You can see what I mean, by going to this link - http://www.kardwelldev.com/wristbands/tyvek1.htm

Up until this point I have tried, every possible class for this image from repeat-y or repeat-x to repeat: repeat; height:100% but I cannot get this darn image to go all the way to the bottom of the page.

Is there something I am missing here or an attribute?

The TD has a class of menubackground

and the css file says

td.menubackground {
    background-image: url(http://www.wrist-bands.com/images/vert_lineblue.gif); background-repeat:repeat-y; height:100%;

Any advice or suggestions is much appreciated....

Paul
    Regards,

P

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first bit of advice would be to lose the dots.

Instead, in the appropriate place, use "border-style: dotted; border: 1px solid black;". That will give you the same exact effect, without having to use the image.

If you are insistant on sticking with the image, the problem is the field you have the image in doesn't go all the way down. You'd need to add a rowspan attribute to that <td> element to make it go all the way down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samanime:

Ok, I will try your advice and see if I can try with the effect that you give of border-style.

Also, thanks for the advice on the rowspan, I thought i tried it up to like rowspan=15 but I guess it was not enough when I did.

Ok, thanks again, I will keep you posted how it goes.

PM
    Regards,

P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samanime View Post
    My first bit of advice would be to lose the dots.

Instead, in the appropriate place, use "border-style: dotted; border: 1px solid black;". That will give you the same exact effect, without having to use the image.

If you are insistant on sticking with the image, the problem is the field you have the image in doesn't go all the way down. You'd need to add a rowspan attribute to that <td> element to make it go all the way down.

Well, switching it with a dotted solid line did not work. Instead I get a double dotted line... not the same thing unless I left something out.

As well, I have made the rowspan= upwards of 1000 and it still does not go all the way down to the bottom, in both cases.

Is there something else you got that I can try.

Paul
    Regards,

P