User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

integrate blogger rss feed?

Hi,
    my client has 10 sites. he wants to be able to update bew article, and this will feed through to his ten sites. Ive decided to use googles blogger, and then have an rss feed on each of the ten sites. Ive created a blog, published some posts. Now how do I get the blog on each of his ten sites?
    thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So are you saying that you want the post excerpts from the one blog on 10 sites for full posts on the 10 blogs (either way is not advised because of duplicate content)? Or do you have 10 blogs? I don't fully understand your situation.
    Sara

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi ses5909,
    yes, the client wants to be able to add posts to 1 blog, then have the blog posts appear on his ten websites via a rss feeds. Is there a better way of doing this?
    cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I definitely wouldn't recommend this and it would end up hurting him in the long run because he will have the same content on 10 blogs.

What exactly is his business goal with all of this? Tell me that and I might be able to give you an alternative solution
    Sara

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi ses5909,
    thansk for taking the time to read this. ill try and explain exactly what my client is after...
    my client has an insurance company. his main line of business is car insurance, though he has a website for each sideline service (indemnity insurance, home insurance etc...). Hes done this so they all link back to his main site to help with link popularity.
    He wants the main company news to be featured on each of his 'micro sites', but without having to write his news article ten times. He was told that he could do this by having a 'news' blog, which could then (via rss) be fed through and featured on each of his micro sites (and main site).
    I have no experience with blogs apart from one simple blog I set up ageas ago using googles blogger.
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that b2evolution can handle multiple blog posting
    SUPPORT FOR NEW BLOGGERS - TRY THE Blogging Forum

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure you'd be hit with duplicate content. Because this is on different platforms, there will be enough differences even if the blog entries are the same... Not entirely sure though...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.
    So I cant create a blog, then feed that via rss to 10 websites?
    cheers