SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can you give me some tips on this design please?

Hello!

First of all, after browsing around this Forum and viewing the webdesign contest and how fast people contribute with a design....i must say i was knocked out.
    So therefor id like to say beforehand do not expect a super duper design..im kinda an amateur if it comes to design(sort of)
    Now my "problem" is the following
    If you could please go here and have a look at the website and tell me what i could do to make all of this look right.
    The problem is that some things are just not looking right, i dunno how to say it, but there is something missing...i dunno
    I think the colors are ok, but maybe i should have the background look a bit better (but how?), or add some images (but which ones?), or maybe the logo sucks after all?
    And the menu, im not sure if i should add a different background to the menu so it stands out a bit..
    I would really apreciate any comments and tips, and what i could do to make this design look good.
    I can`t really offer you anything for any help provided, cause this is a non commercial site, being runned by me at my own cost for a Collectible Card Game (LOTR, apart from a big thanks in advance.

Again, thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings from Vienna,

datune

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey datune. Site looks slick. I'll have a better review when you kick this on over to website reviews where it should be.

You will need to review three other sites before yours can be reviewed, but I'm looking forward to lending a hand once it's in the proper forum!

See ya!
    Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh im sorry, i didnt know that this should be going into the review forum, since it is not really a review about the website in general i am asking for..But i can see now why it can still go there..
    I will post it there then, since i have reviewed 3 websites by now
    Regards,
    datune

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    datune, any site feedback requests have to be posted in the Reviews And Critiques Forums.

There are 2 forums there: Website Reviews and Site Elements. Each one has it's own set of guidelines which you should read before posting.

Both forums are moderated and all requests are entered into a queue and do not appear in the forums until they have been authorised by an advisor, so please don't panic when your request doesn't show up straight away.

In the mean time, I'm closing this thread.

Edit:

Ooops! Just noticed you've already posted there and it's been accepted. Hope you get some good feedback.
    Last edited by Saz249; Feb 23, 2002 at 05:47.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!