SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireworks > Dreamweaver work flow??

I was wondering what most designers do when they start putting there site together using Fireworks. I just started using Fireworks and Dreamweaver, so I am just looking to see what others are doing. Any tips or suggestions would be cool as well. How do you plan for table percentages of 100% in Fireworks?
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letting Fireworks do your coding for you is bad news. Fireworks does not produce clean code at all. It's functional but that's about all. Pure Chaos.

To plan for a 100% table, just make it as short as you want it. Making it fill your fireworks window won't leave you with an effective design.

What I used to do with Fireworks (just recently became a filter fluffer with Adobe Photoshop) is design the image, cut it up with fireworks and the put the code and images into dreamweaver by hand.

A real usefull feature when using dreamweaver with fireworks. Is to use the edit button on our properties window to edit images right on the fly inside dreamweaver. The functionality perfectly integrates with fireworks.

Whistler BC originally from Guelph Ontario
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto Winged spider. When I was using dreamweaver and fireworks that was the best way to get clean and lean code. (this includes basic tables). The two combined creat REALLY bloated pages
    Maelstrom Personal - Apparition Visions
    Development - PhP || Mysql || Zend || Devshed
    Unix - FreeBSD || FreeBsdForums || Man Pages
    They made me a sitepoint Mentor - Feel free to PM me or Email me and I will see if I can help.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more of a designer than a coder so I prefer to let fireworks or dreamweaver do all the work for me.

I'll play around with the code only when its necessary. I've had no complaints from my clients so far but then again they are not html or javascript experts.

As long as the end results look ok does it really matter if there are a few extra lines of code.

Then again I'm probably wrong

Qamar