SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ASP.NET Credit Card Gateway - A no hack solution required?

I'm trying to implement a credit card gateway as a part of my ASP.NET app. This needs to support Mastercard SecureCode, and VerifiedByVisa Schemes which is where I'm getting a problem.

At the moment, its working correctly, but with a hack solution involving an invisible html form on my payment page, which loads required information, and then does a Javascript auto-submit to submit data required via POST to the banks iframe (thus loaded the Mastercard Securecode screen).

My problem with this is, its very hacky approach. Firstly, its using javascript to submit a form (obviously, this would break with no javascript), and I can supply a submit button (which seems like a hack, in itself) to allow the payment process to proceed. Secondly, I don't like that I'm reverting back to old style ASP/plain HTML code for this, but the bank requires certain information to be POST'd to its iframe, and then the iframe is loaded on client Side.

Has anyone done anything like this in the past, making a seamless pay process without javascript? Making sure that 3DSecure/VerifiedByVisa is still supported and working.

Cheers

kwik

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing at all??

Anyone done payment gateways in the past?

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not one like that. It does sound like you could use the HttpWebRequest class to make the request on the back end though.

I would call whatever contact you had at said company and ask them for a recommendation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I always use a pre-established gateway (Authorize.net). They provide you with sample code, but I've grown it to several classes, rather than just one. Is this for a project or a real-word solution?
    Sara