SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lots of original articles, what do i do

    Hi, for one of my sites which is for natural weight loss i have had a lot of good content articles written but i dont really know how they can help with SEO. What should i exactly be doing with them, should i submit them do article directories? or should i submit them to dmoz and what not. Advice is appreciated thank you.

  2. #2
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't submit article from your site it will become supplemental as what I know.
    Quality content can gain traffic and readers

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and how does it gain content by just sitting on my site this is what i dont get. People always say it brings traffic but i just dont get how if you dont do something to make it noticible how does it get traffic

  4. #4
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a number of things you can do with the articles. Presumably, the content of each article has been written to correspond to a particular keyword or keyword cluster. You could take some of the articles and post them on article sites such Ezinearticles or Go, or Isnare (there are many). In the signature or resource box at the bottom of the article, include a link back to your website. The anchor text of the link can include your keyword or related words. If you publish many articles and vary the anchor text of the links, you will gradually accumulate numerous links with different keyword anchor text leading back to your site. This is one way to use your articles. A variation of this would be to publish an article or a few articles, and then link to the article from social bookmarking and networking sites. These are a couple strategies for the use of articles. I'm sure other sitepoint members can add much more. Hope this helps.

    Evan

  5. #5
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davisec52 View Post
    There are a number of things you can do with the articles. Presumably, the content of each article has been written to correspond to a particular keyword or keyword cluster. You could take some of the articles and post them on article sites such Ezinearticles or Go, or Isnare (there are many). In the signature or resource box at the bottom of the article, include a link back to your website. The anchor text of the link can include your keyword or related words. If you publish many articles and vary the anchor text of the links, you will gradually accumulate numerous links with different keyword anchor text leading back to your site. This is one way to use your articles. A variation of this would be to publish an article or a few articles, and then link to the article from social bookmarking and networking sites. These are a couple strategies for the use of articles. I'm sure other sitepoint members can add much more. Hope this helps.

    Evan
    The worst thing you can do with articles written for your own website is to post them on a free article distribution site like e-zine articles. Whether anyone else picks them up or not, they immediately become duplicate content.

    The reason content brings traffic to your website is because each page increases your chance of a search query bringing up your page in search results. If your articles are well-written for your niche, they will increase your traffic. If they're good articles, your visitors will leave links to them in emails, in blogs, at similar websites, at social bookmarking sites, and at niche forums.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  6. #6
    phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    3,626
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to brainstorm a little on ways that you can get links to the articles themselves. Maybe you could also make them interactive, and let people make comments (admin approved).

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would only recommending publishing them on your website, as they would add value to your website, and SEO is all about how valuable your website is, and not an article website. If at all you want to use them for gaining links then distribute them on article directories.

  8. #8
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izwar View Post
    and how does it gain content by just sitting on my site this is what i dont get. People always say it brings traffic but i just dont get how if you dont do something to make it noticible how does it get traffic
    Ofcourse nothing will happen.. what I'm saying it can gain readers in terms of they will return because of the interesting content.

    You can submit articles in different article directories where you can put link on the article itself plus in the resource box.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Enthusiast amitpatel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post all the articles on your website in relevant categories , get a seo expert work on your website to rank it well in the se's.
    We offer professional SEO Services and Top SE Rankings.
    Quality Web Directory , Professional Web Hosting services
    Latest Updates at my Personal Blog @ Amitbhawani.com

  10. #10
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    The worst thing you can do with articles written for your own website is to post them on a free article distribution site like e-zine articles. Whether anyone else picks them up or not, they immediately become duplicate content..
    I would have to disagree. Hardly the worst thing. If the articles are duplicates of the content on the website, then yes, duplicate content might be an issue. However, if the articles are merely subject related, but contain truly different content, then duplicate content shouldn't be an issue. It does, however, appear to be important to vary the anchor text linking back to your site. "Duplicate content" is a much bandied about bugaboo in the Internet marketing world. What is often neglected in discussion of duplicate content is what exactly a search engine--in this case Google--perceives as duplicate content. However, we are getting off topic, here. As someone else pointed out, articles with back links will lead the search engine (as well as readers) back to your site.

    Evan

  11. #11
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davisec52 View Post
    I would have to disagree. Hardly the worst thing. If the articles are duplicates of the content on the website, then yes, duplicate content might be an issue. However, if the articles are merely subject related, but contain truly different content, then duplicate content shouldn't be an issue. It does, however, appear to be important to vary the anchor text linking back to your site. "Duplicate content" is a much bandied about bugaboo in the Internet marketing world. What is often neglected in discussion of duplicate content is what exactly a search engine--in this case Google--perceives as duplicate content. However, we are getting off topic, here. As someone else pointed out, articles with back links will lead the search engine (as well as readers) back to your site.

    Evan
    I guess I wasn't elementary enough in explaining that my statement. "articles written for your own website" sort of alluded to the fact that articles were on the OP's website.

    To the OP - If the articles aren't presently on your website, you could, of course submit them somewhere to get backlinks. Article repositories are still, IMO, the worst choice as places to gain traffic. You may get backlinks that aid your site in PR (if the site doesn't use the "no-follow" attribute"), but the chances of someone reading your articles and clicking on your link drop exponentially, depending upon the traffic generated to the article site, the number of similar articles already within your niche, and the expertise shown within your article.

    The best place for your articles is on your own site. Infusing your site with content
    will improve your site's overall placement in the SEs for the reason I mentioned in my first post, thereby generating more traffic for your site and that traffic generating more traffic.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  12. #12
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,424
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Put them on your website and only your website. Don't syndicate them anywhere or use an article submission service or directories. Quality unique content is the most valuable thing online. It's what makes a good site great and gets the backlinks that help you rank well.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canandaigua, NY
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Articles are great to increase traffic!
    Here is Matt Cutt's version of useful articles:
    Writing Useful Articles

    The ideal thing is they have to be "useful", not just a selling point. In the resource code, place your anchor text and see what happens. I use Ezinearticles and see good results.

    If you are worried about duplicate content, create a page in your website specifically for articles and/or press releases, and just link to the article or press release itself. This way, you are not having the exact text on your website, just a link going to the online article or press release.

    You'll be gaining traffic from the online article, and people going to your website will see you are an authority by writing those articles! I would call the page "Media or Press" and see what happens.

    Don

  14. #14
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Quality unique content is the most valuable thing online.
    Right, this is generally considered true.

    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    It's what makes a good site great
    Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    and gets the backlinks that help you rank well.
    That can certainly be the case. If you just post "good" or even "great" content, you might get backlinks. However, great content alone may not be enough to motivate the generation of a significant number of backlinks. Good content can, however, be an effective bargaining chip in the acquisition of links with search engine authority and trust.

    Elsewhere in this thread it is suggested that merely infusing good articles on your site will motivate a proliferation of quality links. The likelinood of that happening may be greater; good content is unlikely to discourage good links, but izwar, getting good, legitimate links takes more than merely putting good content on a site and waiting for links to happen.

    More to the point, I think cluecase said it very well in the post above by quoting Matt Cutts,

    Quote Originally Posted by cluecase View Post
    The ideal thing is they have to be "useful" . . . . If you are worried about duplicate content, create a page in your website specifically for articles and/or press releases, and just link to the article or press release itself . . . . You'll be gaining traffic from the online article . . .
    Evan

  15. #15
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,424
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davisec52 View Post
    That can certainly be the case. If you just post "good" or even "great" content, you might get backlinks. However, great content alone may not be enough to motivate the generation of a significant number of backlinks. Good content can, however, be an effective bargaining chip in the acquisition of links with search engine authority and trust.

    Elsewhere in this thread it is suggested that merely infusing good articles on your site will motivate a proliferation of quality links. The likelinood of that happening may be greater; good content is unlikely to discourage good links, but izwar, getting good, legitimate links takes more than merely putting good content on a site and waiting for links to happen.
    I think what goes without saying is that even if you have great content on your website you still have to promote it. Anyone who says you just have to have it on your site and the links will magically follow has oversimplified the concept.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You can create blog, but you have to do promotion.
    2. You can create websites, but you have to do SEO.
    3. You can submit to free article, you will not get money from them.

    The best.

    If you can not create blog, websites or doing SEO.

    You can submit them to 100% adsense revenue sharing profit websites.

    You can add your adsense id, and get 100% revenue from your articles.
    You have not to do online promotion, because this is community.
    Last edited by stymiee; Sep 23, 2007 at 06:17.

  17. #17
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently they are on my website since the concensus is to keep them on my site and not syndicate them.

  18. #18
    SitePoint Zealot WEBLAUNCHPHXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izwar View Post
    Hi, for one of my sites which is for natural weight loss i have had a lot of good content articles written but i dont really know how they can help with SEO. What should i exactly be doing with them, should i submit them do article directories? or should i submit them to dmoz and what not. Advice is appreciated thank you.
    Try these sites for articles submissions:
    EzineArticles.com
    GoArticles.com
    ArticlesBase.com
    SelfSEO.com
    freearticlesubmission
    articlepros.com
    Amazines.com
    ArticleTrader.com

  19. #19
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good contents attracts visitors to your site frequently. SEO creates a link in this Contents for your website and post them to the relevant site by this way you get inbound link for your site that increase the traffic.

  20. #20
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you could tweak the articles for important keyword phrases and just keep them on your site. However, you could as well, as the last post suggests, submit some or all of them to article directories with links to the internal pages of your site. If you plan on using articles and article directories as a key part of your promotion, it can take a lot of articles to bring steady traiffic to your site. Ideally, the content on your site should be good enought that other high quality sites will be willing to link to you.

    Evan

  21. #21
    King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cluecase View Post
    Articles are great to increase traffic!
    Here is Matt Cutt's version of useful articles:
    Writing Useful Articles

    The ideal thing is they have to be "useful", not just a selling point. In the resource code, place your anchor text and see what happens. I use Ezinearticles and see good results.
    Nowhere in that article does it talk about putting your articles on article directories.

  22. #22
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709 View Post
    Nowhere in that article does it talk about putting your articles on article directories.
    Hmm, Ezinearticles?

    Anyway, article publishing sites such as ezine articles are simply another resource. The decision to publish articles on directories depends on whether or not that fits with an individuals overall marketing/promotion strategy.

    Evan

  23. #23
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are articles there is also the need for good site content. You can obviously add articles to your site that you have written but you can also entice the search engines and thus improve your traffic with the help of keywords that are bang on target. It does not matter if you have only 5 pages on your site but they must have relevant content and be really specific about these keywords as that will ensure that your target audience finds your site.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •