SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email to web page

I have users typing in garbage now. Most of it I can validate out with basic php routines, which work out fine. But I wanted to go a step farther and force the user to be redirected to their email client and re-submit a new web form and at the same time bring back their email address as a variable.
    I am having problems trying to get a web page to print variables from an email. I am trying to validate a users email by sending them to their email client and then they click back to a new page.

I know that I am sending the post vars and I can see them as they are sent by the email client by means of html hidden test and if I use GET I can see them in the address bar. But can not get variables to set using session on the new web page. I can use some help or other ideas or even just a way to see where the user is sending emails from.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

email

Hi m1c1capps, welcome to the forums,
    I a bit confused.
    1: You have a form that accepts user input
    2: You validate (sanitize) the input
    You now want to open the users email client, and reload the form page, but with the email address from the open email client?
    You are also having trouble with SESSION vars.
    But the main thing you want is to get the email address?
    AFAIK there is no way to capture an email address short of someone giving it to you or sending you an email with it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email to web page

Hello Mittineague, and thanks for the reply
    I just want to reload the userís email address and name strings they used when they originally submitted. I can see the data coming back from their email in the address, however when used POST it is being treated as a pop up and not loading into session or the browser just wipes it out when the new page is opened

Using GET it all works and displays. But it still activates pop up blockers and sometimes opens a second page in IE (about: Blank) I can live with this but it is a little messy. I feel there must be some php function that I am not familiar with.

Example:
    Address Header (GET)-> http://www.videoequipment.com/csl_te...bmit2=Continue

Thanks
    Mike

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

form values

I understand a bit better, but I'm still not sure. Please post the <form ... code and the portion of the "action" file that handles the input, and I guess any javascript you think might be helpful. Full file content not neccessary, but please put the snippets in bbcode tags and replace or remove "private" info.