SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How do I use my blog for SEO reasons

    How do I use a blog for my company for SEO reason??

  2. #2
    SitePoint Wizard jimbo_dk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a similar active thread. Check that out:

    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504558
    Winners Respond. Losers React.
    Singapore Web Designer

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast amitpatel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread there , anyway in those blogs you basicaly need to update regularly with information related to your main companies niche.
    We offer professional SEO Services and Top SE Rankings.
    Quality Web Directory , Professional Web Hosting services
    Latest Updates at my Personal Blog @ Amitbhawani.com

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blogs are good mean for increasing page rank and getting more traffic for your site and blogs should be updated on regular basis

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member Asso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Building links with blogs is really an amazing thing

  6. #6
    Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    HAWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12,537
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsaytom2 View Post
    blogs are good mean for increasing page rank
    How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Asso View Post
    Building links with blogs is really an amazing thing
    Why?

    BTW, I'm moving this to SEO.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member Asso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because when you post articles with deep links on blog networks you get links back, and this gives you a better ranking and better results on the serps.

  8. #8
    Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    HAWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12,537
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Thanks. If you post those kinds of details rather than the more generic "is really an amazing thing", it is helpful for people that are just learning.

  9. #9
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asso View Post
    Because when you post articles with deep links on blog networks you get links back, and this gives you a better ranking and better results on the serps.
    This really doesn't work. It's actually a waste of time. Those links are worthless and make doing this a waste of time. Put the blog on your website and write good articles. You'll get far more links and better links at that.

  10. #10
    phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    3,626
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are thinking backwards. I would say:
    How can I make a blog that humans love so much that they link to it and talk about it, resulting in good seo?

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member Asso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting on blogs helped a new website of mine to rank on top ten in google.
    And i started receiving a good traffils in a very short time

  12. #12
    SitePoint Evangelist MrCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blogs can provide more rich (text) info that your users would enjoy reading. This will make their stay longer in your site if you give out relevant and useful info related to your niche - and eventually help in your SERP ranking IMO

    These useful info on your blog could also pave way for more natural links which will help your site PR wise
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member dotWdot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blogs are a great way of providing double faceted seo. 1. If you write good original articles about relevant things (and your blog is hosted on your domain name) it will only improve googles opinions of you and the keywords it associates with you and 2. people are the whole reason you bother with seo, so if you write something that people will actually be interested in - good quality original viewpoint's etc - that effect will in turn boost thier opinion of you, potentially ending up with positive real links from people, which will given thier relevance (because they read it and found it interesting) improve your serp in regards to the niche area you wrote about.

    Write good Relevant content Often and your blog will definately help bring the crowds. If you cant write well then pay a ghost writer

  14. #14
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCat View Post
    Blogs can provide more rich (text) info that your users would enjoy reading. This will make their stay longer in your site if you give out relevant and useful info related to your niche - and eventually help in your SERP ranking IMO

    These useful info on your blog could also pave way for more natural links which will help your site PR wise
    Quote Originally Posted by dotWdot View Post
    Blogs are a great way of providing double faceted seo. 1. If you write good original articles about relevant things (and your blog is hosted on your domain name) it will only improve googles opinions of you and the keywords it associates with you and 2. people are the whole reason you bother with seo, so if you write something that people will actually be interested in - good quality original viewpoint's etc - that effect will in turn boost thier opinion of you, potentially ending up with positive real links from people, which will given thier relevance (because they read it and found it interesting) improve your serp in regards to the niche area you wrote about.

    Write good Relevant content Often and your blog will definately help bring the crowds. If you cant write well then pay a ghost writer
    Here's the key: it doesn't have to be a blog. High quality fresh content will serve this purpose regardless of format. It doesn't have to be a blog.

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member dotWdot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Here's the key: it doesn't have to be a blog. High quality fresh content will serve this purpose regardless of format. It doesn't have to be a blog.
    Definately - Blogging is just one easy form of whacking the content out - a system that can be used well if you will.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Enthusiast neuwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    This really doesn't work. It's actually a waste of time. Those links are worthless and make doing this a waste of time. Put the blog on your website and write good articles. You'll get far more links and better links at that.
    While i agree with you John, i disagree with your negative feedback toward the posting on other sites that allow deeplinks. These links will definitely carry some weight, just because its not brilliant white hat, doesn't meant its black hat and it definitely doesn't mean the links will be a waste of time.

    Natural links to your content might be the best way of getting backlinks, but non-natural links are an added bonus!

  17. #17
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawless87 View Post
    How do I use a blog for my company for SEO reason??
    Blogging is a great way of building one way links (IBL) from blog to your site and promoting it is like promoting your site...

  18. #18
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neuwill View Post
    While i agree with you John, i disagree with your negative feedback toward the posting on other sites that allow deeplinks. These links will definitely carry some weight, just because its not brilliant white hat, doesn't meant its black hat and it definitely doesn't mean the links will be a waste of time.

    Natural links to your content might be the best way of getting backlinks, but non-natural links are an added bonus!
    Here's why this is a bad idea:

    There are two ways to approach this:

    1) You create a separate blog and link to your blog from it. You put quick content for the sake of getting links. The problem with this is since the content will be so poor, and obviously an ad for your site, it won't be popular and as a result won't be linked to. That makes the pages low quality which makes the links low quality. All backlinks are not created equal. These links will have so little value that they will have little no value at all for your SEO efforts.

    2) You create a blog and write great content and link back to your site. This content gains readers and inbound links. Now links from these pages have some value. The problem with this is why would you want to put great content outside of your website? If the content is that good put the content on your site and have those links point directly to your website. You'll get a bigger boost from those links then if you try to get them by proxy which dilutes them anyway.

    Article submissions suffer the same problems.

  19. #19
    SitePoint Evangelist MrCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    Here's the key: it doesn't have to be a blog. High quality fresh content will serve this purpose regardless of format. It doesn't have to be a blog.
    The OP posted this "How do I use a blog for my company for SEO reason??"

    I am just basing my comments and suggestion on what he posted
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

  20. #20
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair enough

  21. #21
    SitePoint Enthusiast neuwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i agree with you John, in a lot of Niches, people simply will not link back. And i was not saying that, that great articles are not a good thing i was just saying that your statement "its a waste of time" is false, they can work and they can work very very well!

    B2B niche's are amoung the sort of niches where people do not source articles and write a blog post about "the latest telecom OSS software", but there is surely a very high paying audience for the software.

    Basically what i am saying is, good content while being a good method of generating backlinks, is not the be all and end all of link building, definetely not.

  22. #22
    He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Slave I
    Posts
    23,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neuwill View Post
    Basically what i am saying is, good content while being a good method of generating backlinks, is not the be all and end all of link building, definetely not.
    It s not the end all and be all but great content is what get the great links. You can get lots of low quality links without great content. The only problem is those links will have little affect on your rankings. If you want to rank well for any competitive terms you will need to get great links to do it. Those links are only gotten by ways of great content.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One nice thing about blogs is the pinging services which send search engine and blog spiders crawling your site within minutes.

    I don't know of any way to do that for regular webpages.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •