SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review hothelpdesk.com

Please review my website http://www.hothelpdesk.com

I made the website with ASP.NET 2.0 + SQL 2005

Please be honest in what you post, negative feedback is just as good as positive imo so let me know your thoughts

Thanks for your help!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks interesting, well programmed it seems. Obviously design isnt your strong point and the site wont go any further if you dont get a designer on board.

Mike

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

1280 x 1024

First off, can I say that this site looks like it has a lot of information on it. That's great. Unfortunately, it is let down by the design and navigation.

1. Colour scheme: I think you were aiming for neutral but it's actually quite painful on the eye. Maybe this is due to a lack of contrast.

2. Navigation: Some links seem to take you to a new page e.g. "What's new". The new pages appear to have a completely different navigation from the home page.

3. No privacy policy - big point for me, I do like to see this.

4. No About Us / physical mailing address - if I'm going to be paying for something, I like to see the site is legit.

5. The pages don't validate for XHTML.

<edit>
    6. When you click Submit Ticket, then View Ticket, you get this error: error loading http://www.hothelpdesk.com/FCKeditor...rcode_gecko.js
    <edit>

I'm sorry to say overall, it's not very appealing. I would probably not look past the first page in normal circumstances -- which is a shame as your product does seem to have some unique selling points.

Cheers
    Last edited by GirlyReads; Sep 19, 2007 at 11:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using internet for last 10 years and i can say that i really have no idea what this site is about I get it its about help desk and help software but add more pictures and explinations... i really got confused.. design is easy and nice just improve it..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are going to need some kind of graphics on the site. A logo and screen shots will do wonders for your presentation.

I don't understand what the hotdesk link goes to from the side menu. Is it a demo?

Your breadcrumb navigation needs to be distinct from the rest of the page somehow.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiusrc View Post
    You are going to need some kind of graphics on the site. A logo and screen shots will do wonders for your presentation.

I don't understand what the hotdesk link goes to from the side menu. Is it a demo?

Your breadcrumb navigation needs to be distinct from the rest of the page somehow.
    Thanks for your reveiws!

The hotdesk link is not demo, it's the help desk of this website, but I don't know how to exact expression, my native language is not english.