SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool AbstractPromotion.com Review

Hey,

Last week I launched a new site called AbstractPromotion - "Promotion techniques to drive traffic to and profit from your websites". I'm looking for opinions on all aspects of the site - layout, colors, content, would you be tempted to subscribe to the rss feed or not, etc..

Thanks!
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the site.

I like the colour scheme, simple spacing and layout and just how easy it is on the eye.

I HAVE subscribed to the feed so hopefully you will keep it updated a fair bit so that I can learn how to build traffic to my own site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you choose a better font for abstract rather than comic sans? I don't know why abstract is hard to read because of the color or the font used or both. By the way, you could do something about the large whitespace below the 2 right columns. I find it hard to read. Maybe if the content it self is near the center rather than way down to the left.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

1280 x 1024

Hi

Just gone through your blog and am quite impressed with:

1. The colours and layout: Neat, clean and easy on the eye.
    2. The categories seem well thought out, nothing worse that oddly named categories in a blog!
    3. The pages all validated.
    4. The content was well written. Some of the sentences were a little long especially in your latest post. So it may be an idea to break it up a little.

The only odd thing was the lack of contact form. I prefer a form generally, or I may just be used to it. It's not a huge problem, just odd.

I've subscribed to your feed and will be keeping an eye on your articles.

P.S I've had more time to think on this and it's a nice blog but somehow doesn't grab you by the wotsits. I'm not sure why that is, so, sorry to be vague. Guess it's a "been here, done that" feeling one can get after viewing lots of blogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nick harper, thanks! My posting schedule is an article every other day and a blurb (shorter article) in the days in between.

blue_francis, could you explain a little more? I am confused - maybe make one of the menu columns appear on the left and keep the other one of the right and the content in between the two?

GirlyReads, thanks for the review? I have a contact form plugin installed but we having problems in getting it to actually work. I will fix that. About "grabbing you by the wotsits", can you point me towards a site that does do that to you? Maybe a more eye-catching design where the articles are very prominent, like copyblogger?

Thanks for all of the reviews!
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually a nice clean layout and design. It needs a tagsum submission button next to the others you have though

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Impressed

I was very impressed with your site

1) Content is king and you have great content. The articles are very well thought out and presented. I am even going to implement some stuff I learned from the articles
    2) The layout and design was clean. It wasn't anything special but definitely not something that would make me want to leave.
    3) Not a ton of ads popping out everywhere. I like the simplicity of the ads presented. This may be prettier to the eye but it will not make as much money.
    4) Great Information - oh wait, did I already say that?
    Last edited by eliteposter; Oct 7, 2007 at 22:17. Reason: accidently posted
    MediaMingle.com Finally, what image search should be!

SitePoint Enthusiast Paintingblack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks good, but not perfect, but you really have the content down. Here's somethings to improve on, design-wise.

- The header image is a little bit grainy, and the slogan text looks a bit... off. Easy to fix though.
    - On second thought, take the box off of the logo, and find a way to integrate it more into the header.

I really can't bash this site (I try my hardest ^^), good work.
    PaintingBlack.com - Quality Articles and Web Design

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I went in to review your site and ended up reading half the articles.

Good work mate.

Love the design and your content is original and very informative... already got some promotional ideas for my sites.

One thin you could change... that I noticed right when i hit the site was your banner... it could be more pictorial... just add a finishing touch to your classy site.